Event/Gathering Ideas

Crusader

ChryslerJet said:
If I get the CJ done it want have a problem with it.

These are NOT the words of an experienced boat builder..... there's ALWAYS something that pops up that wasn't planned for or delays the launch/use of the project.

Even when the Navy builds a new Aircraft Carrier, they take the ships out on "Sea Trials"....to shake out the bugs and fix things that become apparent during it's shakedown....

I admire your confidence....but in reality, your expectations almost never occur. It's a nice goal though

duanehydro

I am planning another Through-transom party at coleto this year....(lol, at least 1)....gotta check schedules and such.

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
ChryslerJet said:
If I get the CJ done it want have a problem with it.

These are NOT the words of an experienced boat builder..... there's ALWAYS something that pops up that wasn't planned for or delays the launch/use of the project.

Even when the Navy builds a new Aircraft Carrier, they take the ships out on "Sea Trials"....to shake out the bugs and fix things that become apparent during it's shakedown....

I admire your confidence....but in reality, your expectations almost never occur. It's a nice goal though
I know it will need some sea trials Cliff what I was refering to was the rollers it will be fine with.  The Deep Vee in the hull should help cut through those rollers but that's what also makes it a slow boat.

Duane Count me in as long as it is not one of the weekends we will be in Michigan this year or the same weekend as another event again.

John

i dont think you under stand how rough that lake can get deep v or not, the only thing that will smooth that water out is 27 or more feet or a nice tunnel hull of which you (and i) have neither.

also the old hat chaps will be conducting a annual meeting at rocky creek to compare monocles, canes, derby hats and handlebar mustaches, in august at somerville

and ill be doing it like a SIR

also an april get to together like last year sounds like fun too patch, even if kenny is too cool to come

John

also you northies, whats the scoop on Richland chambers?

and on the topic of lake limestone, it runs north south so it can get rough with a slight north breeze, stumpy, and some what on the shallow side, i used to run a jet ski on it all the time back when i was in high school, i used to keep my boat less than 20 miles from it, and i would still go to somerville

Crusader

Not sure about Richland chambers lake....wondered about it myself.

Kinda interested in coming back down to rocky creek again...that was a lot of fun last year. Can't believe it's been a year already.

John said:
i dont think you under stand how rough that lake can get deep v or not, the only thing that will smooth that water out is 27 or more feet or a nice tunnel hull of which you (and i) have neither.

also the old hat chaps will be conducting a annual meeting at rocky creek to compare monocles, canes, derby hats and handlebar mustaches, in august at somerville

also an april get to together like last year sounds like fun too patch, even if kenny is too cool to come

Exactly... Not sure but I think CJ is going to bit off more then he can chew!! I've had my 30' scarab come 2' out of the water do to a roller, not on purpose either! I'm just saying if you. Don't watch it at times in the middle that thing can get 4 seas quick and ain't no small boat gonna take it easy! That lake can get 2-3 on any given day with the wind!!

But like I said earlier there or a few great spots for events and get togethers so don't let the water leave you guys out its a nice place!!

scarabscs

Im game for Conroe pretty much any time you all want to get together.  I dont normally boat north of 1097, but would if I was with someone who knew the waters.  Its def a rough lake, and not for the faint of heart.

I think we should def plan another concert on the lake event during the summer concerts.  We all had a good time, except for when drummer boy showed up.

April on somerville sounds good too... havent been to yegua in a few years.

PS..... Patch..... the day will come that you will need the tuna boat to tow you in.......  :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
scarabscs said:
Im game for Conroe pretty much any time you all want to get together.  I dont normally boat north of 1097, but would if I was with someone who knew the waters.  Its def a rough lake, and not for the faint of heart.

I think we should def plan another concert on the lake event during the summer concerts.  We all had a good time, except for when drummer boy showed up.

April on somerville sounds good too... havent been to yegua in a few years.

PS..... Patch..... the day will come that you will need the tuna boat to tow you in.......  :smile30:
I hope not! :smile20: :smile28:

Crusader

The lake Hugo "Gathering" was just a bunch of Oklahoma fellers who wanted to share their lake with us Texans and the originator, didn't know the Outlaw event was going on. I know these guys, and the date confusion was not intentional at all. Also the outlaw events date is not set in stone either as the SDBA schedule has not been published...

It's okay to have two events going on at the same time..... as Americans, we still have the freedom to choose where we want to boat and visit....

Trigger

There's no crying in drag boating!!! The 2 lakes are 100 miles apart. If someone really wanted to show support and see some boats they would try to hit both; or if that is too far then there obviously is enough room for everyone to run their boats at the same time. In a different state nonetheless. whatever.gif

scarabscs

Trigger said:
There's no crying in drag boating!!! The 2 lakes are 100 miles apart. If someone really wanted to show support and see some boats they would try to hit both; or if that is too far then there obviously is enough room for everyone to run their boats at the same time. In a different state nonetheless. whatever.gif

Thats what im talking about!!!!!!! clap.gif

HellinnFrnt

Wait ..... ? The end of the world is coming ... ? Again ... or Still.... ? Sure hope my boats ready by then .......  crazy.gif

ChryslerJet

HellinnFrnt said:
Wait ..... ? The end of the world is coming ... ? Again ... or Still.... ? Sure hope my boats ready by then .......  crazy.gif
Me too

How many times has that happened in the last 14 years??  think.gif think.gif

Devilman

John said:

as if...

Didn't start the thread to knock Somerville or take away from the Rocky Creek get together, I was just talking in general is all. Sorry....

John

Devilman said:
John said:

as if...

Didn't start the thread to knock Somerville or take away from the Rocky Creek get together, I was just talking in general is all. Sorry....

none taken i know you do have a point it does seem like the same old same old.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
OK folks since it is a crappy day pretty much everywhere, lets figure something out for an event in April! :smile30: