Event/Gathering Ideas

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
ChryslerJet said:
Funny Guys, Late September would be cool.  Maybe early October.  Potters creek has a decent park but no beach which sucks but it is close to the river which is nice to run the smaller boats.  Life is starting to settle back down for me been a mad house lately.  I know I haven't been on much just the way it is.  John you are right the CJ probably wouldn't be ready for Labor Day but with a good push might be able to do something later.  I have another boat that is almost water ready too just an old ugly tri-hull but it would do the job.  I would rather be in the CJ though.
Any boat would work at this point! Tri-hulls are cool, that's where these wingers got their start! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

scarabscs

Thays what I'm talking about. A fun poker run where everyone can run. Passengers can buy in, and the stops won't be too far apart, so the squirt boats and v drives can run it!

Devilman

A poker run would be cool. Be fun to get folks out running the boats vs. sitting beached & making a pass here & there. (which I am guilty of I'll be the first to admit, lol)

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It would be something new. Now we just need to find somewhere to do it at! Hell you could just get with some marinas or restaurants and leave a basket full of envelopes with the cards in them. Don't really need to put someone at each stop. I'm sure if it would bring in potential customers, they would be open to it! :smile30:

customtouch

A short Poker Run style gathering that would be designed for all the boats to participate sounds like a really good idea. I thought I heard of some of the Northerners putting something like this on either last year or the year before but I don't remember where they put it on. I am in on it no matter where we decide.

73 Sanger Flat

JJ did one a couple year ago on Lake Whitney .. It was fun .. Hell I actually won it and I was just a passenger in the boat .. Had fun that day ..

customtouch

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
JJ did one a couple year ago on Lake Whitney .. It was fun .. Hell I actually won it and I was just a passenger in the boat .. Had fun that day ..

I was thinking that was where it was at but wasn't sure. You guys interested in doing it again if enough people wanted to?

Devilman

Think they did one on Lake Tyler or Lake Palestine also... but yeah, long as we'd can swing the time off, we'd be down for it. sounds fun.