Springtime get-together

oldbuck40

DISTURBED said:
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
:smile24: Currently 8' above full pool. Yegua launch ramp is closed. They are not letting any water out cause the Brazos is flooding.
And more rain expected sunday Monday and Tuesday? who's gonna call this meet and when???

No need to call it just yet.  The weather guessers said that we were going to get 3-5 inches of rain last weekend and that didn't happen.  The lake is still usable and dropping.  We'll just have to use the boat ramp at Overlook Park if they don't open the ramps at Yegua back up by next weekend.
Oh I wasn't saying call it now lol just wondering. sucks the ramp is closed. Guess we will just have to see what mother nature deals us!

Disturbed

oldbuck40 said:
DISTURBED said:
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
:smile24: Currently 8' above full pool. Yegua launch ramp is closed. They are not letting any water out cause the Brazos is flooding.
And more rain expected sunday Monday and Tuesday? who's gonna call this meet and when???

No need to call it just yet.  The weather guessers said that we were going to get 3-5 inches of rain last weekend and that didn't happen.  The lake is still usable and dropping.  We'll just have to use the boat ramp at Overlook Park if they don't open the ramps at Yegua back up by next weekend.
Oh I wasn't saying call it now lol just wondering. sucks the ramp is closed. Guess we will just have to see what mother nature deals us!

That's what I'm thinking too.  Just wait and see.  They resumed releasing water.  I think they can drop it close to 4 inches a day.  Fingers crossed.  :smile16:

Devilman

DISTURBED said:

Damn with everything thats been going on I didn't realize it was already that close. crazy.gif

Disturbed

TexasJet said:
7.71' as of 9 am today. :smile29:
I know...  :smile15:

With the lake being 100k acre feet above full and a discharge rate of 2K cfs, that's roughly 4,000 acre feet released every 24 hours.  This works out to roughly 25 days until the lake is at normal full capacity WITHOUT counting the inflows entering the lake upstream.

Fingers still crossed for no more large amounts of rain.

Wakemaker

I'm going to need a roll call for who all is going to be at the lake this weekend, so that I can figure out where I'm going to park the Mystery Machine.  :smile17:

Disturbed

Wakemaker said:
I figured it would be. I hear that you almost got washed away a couple weeks ago.

We're still missing a couple of bridges.  If you see them, bring em back.  :smile28:

Devilman

Is the fish fry deal still a go or...?  Be goin to the store one day this week, didn't know if we needed to plan for / around that or not.

Disturbed

Devilman said:
Is the fish fry deal still a go or...?  Be goin to the store one day this week, didn't know if we needed to plan for / around that or not.

Yes. 

BTW, Ramp #2 at Yegua is now open.