New here from Austin Tx with a 79 Witchcraft Screamer 21'

ChryslerJet

Great this thread turned into another bash CJ thread.  My job is done now.  LOL one day you will have nothing to bash the CJ about then you will have to find some other sucker.

And yes we all have to be worried this group is a bunch of crazy mofos that like to go fast and have fun.  So Party ON!!!

BTW Mike I drove party barges so drinking and fun was involved.  Maybe I should post up some pics of my "work" last summer floating on the lake.

customtouch said:
KONA said:
Crusader said:
Patchman said:
It still could take off if Cj offers up some boat building tips! :smile23:

Most guys offer up tips based on their own experience...not youtube vids..... Lol...

you guys have heard of  paint by numbers  right,  maybe we need to get together and develop a book called jet boat build by numbers  for CJ  :cheesy:

damn this thread has gone off the rails  :laugh:

You only have to be able to count to 3.

(1). Buy a boat

(2)  Take the cap off

(3)  Talk about it

Lmfao.....

ChryslerJet said:
Great this thread turned into another bash CJ thread.  My job is done now.  LOL one day you will have nothing to bash the CJ about then you will have to find some other sucker.

And yes we all have to be worried this group is a bunch of crazy mofos that like to go fast and have fun.  So Party ON!!!

BTW Mike I drove party barges so drinking and fun was involved.  Maybe I should post up some pics of my "work" last summer floating on the lake.

Suckers come and go around here all day everyday you just gotta have thick skin and you, I can say that you, defiantly have that on your side or you'd been gone with the rest of'em lol but that doesn't say anything about the 500 projects you got and buy and never finish them beer can collectors!!! :smile22: :smile30: :grin: 

customtouch

Mike S said:
ChryslerJet said:

Suckers come and go around here all day everyday you just gotta have thick skin and you, I can say that you, defiantly have that on your side or you'd been gone with the rest of'em lol but that doesn't say anything about the 500 projects you got and buy and never finish them beer can collectors!!! :smile22: :smile30: :grin:

This is a very true statement. No one could ever accuse CJ of being thin skinned or not being able to take a joke. Ya gotta give credit where credit is due!!! It is all just in fun but sometimes he does take some pretty big doses of verbal abuse!!!!  (Whether he sets himself up for it or not)  LOL!!! :grin:

ChryslerJet

Mike S said:
ChryslerJet said:

Well to that and since we dun veered this thread right off course had my landlord a little perturbed about all them beer can collectors so they are now scattered across the city.  Maybe I should float them in the river for this summer as actual beer can collectors could raise some funds.  The Carlson is at my parents with the 21' promaster, the CJ is still at the house and the other one is at a buddies place.

SyTy Speed Shop

ChryslerJet said:
Mike S said:
ChryslerJet said:

Well to that and since we dun veered this thread right off course had my landlord a little perturbed about all them beer can collectors so they are now scattered across the city.  Maybe I should float them in the river for this summer as actual beer can collectors could raise some funds.  The Carlson is at my parents with the 21' promaster, the CJ is still at the house and the other one is at a buddies place.

Im on alot of different forums, and i dont thing ive ever seen a thread go OT as fast as this one did!  LOL.  I thought i had some projects that never got finished. 

I think i found a great place to hang out. 

Devilman

SyTy Speed Shop said:
Im on alot of different forums, and i dont thing ive ever seen a thread go OT as fast as this one did!  LOL.  I thought i had some projects that never got finished. 

It happens. :grin: Sometimes it can get a little slow, but there is a really good group of people here. :smile17:

ChryslerJet

SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
Mike S said:
ChryslerJet said:

Come on down to visit sometime i will walk you through the graveyard of unfinished projects.  I keep them around so when one frustrates me i go to another.  Eventually they will all get done to some degree.

And this is nothing some topics don't make it a page before it launched to another world.

SyTy Speed Shop

OK, this is going to be alitttle winded, but i need some advice.  The boat pictured here isnt actually in my possession, its in Houston.  I had a supercharger for my daily driver that i had bought but then decided that with all my other projects i needed to just leave my daily driver the way it was with the cold air intake, headers and cat-back exhaust on it and put the cash towards my S10 projects.  Well i listed the S/C up for sale on eBay, and after a few days i got an email from a guy in VA, that has this 79 witchcraft boat asking if i would be willing to trade for the S/C.  Well Ive always wanted a boat, so i was mildly interested so i said yeah send me some pics and info on the boat and we can talk about it.

Well, as soon as i seen the pics i was digging the boat from the start, great lines, and not something you see everyday.  So then i stated trying to find out all i could about the boat, which wasn't much to be honest.  The guy bought the boat off ebay around this time last year, had is shipped from CA to Houston to his Brothers house and his Brother was suppose to buy it or they were buying it together im not sure which.  They took it out on Lake Conroe 3 times last summer, and after the first trip he rebuilt the carbs, did some minor maintenance and said it was running great with no issues.  But, after the third trip his Brother said he really didnt want to keep it, as he wouldn't have alot of time for it, and due to his HOA couldn't park it at his house and didnt want to pay storage fees, so its now turned sideways in his 3 car garage so its inside and out of sight.

I went to look at the boat in Dec, looked to me to be in great shape, the interior is alittle tired but looked original so its to be expected, we couldnt hear it run, but i seen several videos they shot out on the water and it sounded good and strong in the vids from the summer.  So then we started to discuss the details of the trade and at first i was under the assumption that he wanted to do a straight up swap, and i only have about 1300 bucks sitting in the S/C kit.  But then when i was ready to do the deal i realized he was talking about the S/C kit plus 800 cash for the boat.  I had the S/C kit listed on eBay for 2500 Buy it Now, he is figuring the boat to be worth 3500-4K and i do not know what he paid for it.  We ended up settling on 500 cash and the S/C kit.  So id be into it for about 1800 plus having to pull it back to Austin.

Then he had trouble finding the title to the boat, and the trailer.  He has since found the title to the Boat itself, and said he had to file for a lost title on the trailer, and doesn't have a title for the outboard, but since its the original engine to the boat it may be listed on the title for the hull?  Fast forward to now, and he says he is still waiting on the title for the trailer, and i have a local guy here in Killeen offering me 2100 cash for the S/C kit, and as much as id like to have the boat, the cash is getting hard to pass up.

My girl says to pass on the boat and take the cash, but i need some advice from some of the good folks here with much more boat experience than myself as to what you think you may do in this situation? 

I do know that i don't think the value of this boat is 3500-4K, more like 2K tops.  That's just from my research of ones i found for sale, and some of them were older jet boat models for less than 2500.  I think if the guy was willing to do the straight up swap with no cash id do it, as its a no brainer, but its the extra 500 cash im having to throw in that making me really decisive on this deal.

OK, fire away on the advice, good bad or otherwise im all ears.  Thanks

SyTy Speed Shop

John said:
take the cash title problems can be a PITA

Yeah, thats my first thought as well, but if i have a clean, clear title on the boat, how much of a PITA is the trailer title? i had thoughts of selling the trailer for one that is smaller/lighter but not to sure on that one.

But your right, title problems can be a PITA sometimes, and this thing is still registered/titled in CA.

Devilman

If you really, really like the boat all the title/registration stuff can be worked out. But as John said, it can be a headache getting it all sorted out. I don't think the motor will be included on the title/registration of the hull, pretty sure its a completely separate deal. Some of the O/B owners could tell you better on that though I am sure.

I tend to agree with you on your thoughts of the value of the boat. If it is making you uncomfortable then may be better to walk away & find something else. You were already talking about converting this one to a jet or I/O, so this would be your chance to find something that is more what you want without getting all wrapped up in this one. Be it another O/B boat, jet, I/O, whatever.

Just my thoughts on it so far....

ChryslerJet

If he wasn't going to do a straight swap out or put some of his cash in eith the boat I wouldn't do the deal.  yes you have only 1300 in the supercharger but you usually don't need to put much more into them once you have them and it is worth the 2500 you had on ebay.  A boat on the other hand ask everyone here You may get a good deal for 2k and still put another 2k or more into it before its good to go and it will always be asking for more money which you will never get back.

I say take the cash and get something else for 1500 or less that you like more and spend your money it instead.

If you decide to go through with it the title issues are not a huge thing.  Some states don't title the motors don't know if Cali is one of them.  The trailer is no biggie a homemade title can be done real easy.  Texas is really not concerned about smaller trailers and is laxed on the titles for them, most of our boats fall into that category of either 4000lbs or less or 2500lbs or less don't recall which it is but under that number they don't require you to title it just tag it.  If you want some help with the Titles holler at me I can help.

SyTy Speed Shop

ChryslerJet said:
If he wasn't going to do a straight swap out or put some of his cash in eith the boat I wouldn't do the deal.  yes you have only 1300 in the supercharger but you usually don't need to put much more into them once you have them and it is worth the 2500 you had on ebay.  A boat on the other hand ask everyone here You may get a good deal for 2k and still put another 2k or more into it before its good to go and it will always be asking for more money which you will never get back.

I say take the cash and get something else for 1500 or less that you like more and spend your money it instead.

If you decide to go through with it the title issues are not a huge thing.  Some states don't title the motors don't know if Cali is one of them.  The trailer is no biggie a homemade title can be done real easy.  Texas is really not concerned about smaller trailers and is laxed on the titles for them, most of our boats fall into that category of either 4000lbs or less or 2500lbs or less don't recall which it is but under that number they don't require you to title it just tag it.  If you want some help with the Titles holler at me I can help.

Yeah, I didn't think the trailer title was a huge deal.  I told the guy I'd do the deal, straight swap no cash and if he isn't willing to do that then I'd have to walk away and sell it local.  So we will see.  Also in Texas I don't think you have to have a title for the O/B just the hull,  as my dad has a 70 sea-ray and never had a title for either O/B engine he has had on it and not had any issues.

Knotty Girl

SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:

Yeah, I didn't think the trailer title was a huge deal.  I told the guy I'd do the deal, straight swap no cash and if he isn't willing to do that then I'd have to walk away and sell it local.  So we will see.  Also in Texas I don't think you have to have a title for the O/B just the hull,  as my dad has a 70 sea-ray and never had a title for either O/B engine he has had on it and not had any issues.

You do not have to have the title to the OB to use it but I would not buy one without it.  I have bought several OB and had title to all of them.  Just takes any questions away and a whole lot easier to resale. IMO

Devilman

Knotty said:
You do not have to have the title to the OB to use it but I would not buy one without it.  I have bought several OB and had title to all of them.  Just takes any questions away and a whole lot easier to resale. IMO

Thanks, I was pretty sure they were titled separately. I vaguely remember with my brother's boat back when he got it, trailer & hull titles were clear but there was some issue with the title for the motor. Something to do with a previous owner back down the line, don't recall what he ended up doing.

Crusader

Like Knotty said, you'll have to title the Outboard motor. That in itself is not a big deal if you're getting the boat from a state that doesn't title the motor...you can fill out a form, they'll inspect the motor and to a serial number search on it to make sure it's not stolen and then issue a title for it. However, with that said, you have to title your trailer too....this seems like more a pain in the butt than it's worth.

Like what was mentioned, if the guy doesn't already have your cash yet...I'd back out of the deal and take the $2100.....

John

the OB is the title i would worry about

besides time is money, you shouldnt be the one trying to get all that line up

sounds like hes trying to pawn his problems on to you