New here from Austin Tx with a 79 Witchcraft Screamer 21'

SyTy Speed Shop

KONA said:
need to get info on it,  interesting looking boat  :smile27:

Here you go:

1979 Rochelle open bow fits 6-7 people.  Didn't make many jetboat that open bow that's fits more than 4 people. 460 ford motor runs good  Fast loud about 75 on water    Just need paint carpet and cleaning g up Crome on motor    But u can take to lake like it is

Anybody ever heard of this boat before? 

The he added this:

Boat was new About 6 years ago but I work in oilfild and didn't take it out about 2-4 time a year    Only reason paint and all that happen because wife didn't never take care of it when tarp

a quick google search turned up a craigslist post and this pic of it.  The CL ad was placed 11 days ago with a 4500 price. 

Disturbed

New headers are a grand.  It could very well need new steering and throttle cables.  Who knows what condition the pump is in.  That could cost a pretty penny too.  Trailer wheel bearings and bunks.  The claim of 75 mph is not true.  It would take a very healthy power plant to push that boat 75.  I would suspect if it was loaded with aftermarket goodies, it would be advertised as such.  I'm not gonna sit here and say it's not worth the asking price.  Nobody really can by just looking at a couple pics.  You'll need to go take a look.  I'll just say I wouldn't spend that much on a boat that possibly needs a pile of money to get it up to my liking. This is all assuming that the power plant is issue free.  Just my $.02. 

SyTy Speed Shop

DISTURBED said:
New headers are a grand.  It could very well need new steering and throttle cables.  Who knows what condition the pump is in.  That could cost a pretty penny too.  Trailer wheel bearings and bunks.  The claim of 75 mph is not true.  It would take a very healthy power plant to push that boat 75.  I would suspect if it was loaded with aftermarket goodies, it would be advertised as such.  I'm not gonna sit here and say it's not worth the asking price.  Nobody really can by just looking at a couple pics.  You'll need to go take a look.  I'll just say I wouldn't spend that much on a boat that possibly needs a pile of money to get it up to my liking. This is all assuming that the power plant is issue free.  Just my $.02.

Yeah, this boat doesnt really tickle my fancy like the witchcraft does, plus im a chevy guy anyways!!!

Disturbed

If you're on FB, go to Drag Boat Racing Classifieds.  It'll give you an idea what's out there and what it's worth.

jdeaton

My .02,  Right now open bow jets are HOT in California.  Lots of people are looking for them to buy or trade for their closed bow rides.  Guess the family's are getting bigger out there.

KONA77

SyTy Speed Shop said:
DISTURBED said:

Yeah, this boat doesnt really tickle my fancy like the witchcraft does, plus im a chevy guy anyways!!!

I think you said all you need to say right here,  witchcraft is the boat for you,  with the OB,  won't have to work on it as much as you would a Chevy  :grin:

SyTy Speed Shop

KONA said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
DISTURBED said:

I think you said all you need to say right here,  witchcraft is the boat for you,  with the OB,  won't have to work on it as much as you would a Chevy  :grin:

LOL, im not even going to get into the ford vs chevy debate, this thread would be 500 pages in an hour!!  Besides, we all know which one is best, so no need to argue about it!!

ChryslerJet

SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
Besides, we all know which one is best, so no need to argue about it!!

Exactly the Mopars are the best and leave the fighting for the rest

I would love to see someone build a jet boat with a 426 HEMI, now that would be bad A$$!!
After the CJ gets on the water the next project is a 5.7L or 6.1L Fuel Injected Hemi for it.  If I had the bones for a 426 Hemi it would be going in the Carlson V-Drive and would be a 528 or larger Hemi.

Need to get these projects out of the way so I can get started on the next few.
I wouldn't mine building a 392 or 354 hemi either.

SyTy Speed Shop

ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

I would love to see someone build a jet boat with a 426 HEMI, now that would be bad A$$!!
After the CJ gets on the water the next project is a 5.7L or 6.1L Fuel Injected Hemi for it.  If I had the bones for a 426 Hemi it would be going in the Carlson V-Drive and would be a 528 or larger Hemi.

Yeah this is true, a modern big inch HEMI would be pretty cool, with the EFI and all.  Ive seen a few boats here and there with LSx swaps that seem to be running pretty good.

Also, on the projects front, i need to downsize some of mine, i have one of my 93 S10's for sale, but only to buy another one, found a clean 97 S10 SS that i want to put the LT1 into, make it a nice sleeper!!

ChryslerJet

SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

Yeah this is true, a modern big inch HEMI would be pretty cool, with the EFI and all.  Ive seen a few boats here and there with LSx swaps that seem to be running pretty good.

Also, on the projects front, i need to downsize some of mine, i have one of my 93 S10's for sale, but only to buy another one, found a clean 97 S10 SS that i want to put the LT1 into, make it a nice sleeper!!

That sounds like it will be a sweet little ride

SyTy Speed Shop

ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

That sounds like it will be a sweet little ride

Yeah, but got to sell the 93 first to make room for the 97. 

KONA77

Patchman said:
CJ has found a friend! clap.gif :smile16:

I do believe your right,  I'd figured there was a no disturb sign on this thread,  while they were getting acquainted with each other  :laugh:

WFO

ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

Here ya go CJ Free of charge just pick it up.

ChryslerJet

WFO said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
ChryslerJet said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

Here ya go CJ Free of charge just pick it up.
It is probably back under water now but that is more than likely a 392 or 354 since those were used as industrial engines

customtouch

Patchman said:
It would look good in the Carlson! :smile16:

It would look better back at the bottom of the lake where it belongs!! If it was a Chevy it would have some salvage value at least. :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Patchman said:
It would look good in the Carlson! :smile16:

It would look better back at the bottom of the lake where it belongs!! If it was a Chevy it would have some salvage value at least. :grin:
You Chevy guys are ruthless! :smile26: