76 continental

ChryslerJet

itsjohny said:
alot of sanding down the past couple days pic to follow tonight!  any tips on patching the TT holes in the back?  and Primer suggestions??
If you want to make them invisible then cut a piece of plywood to fit and fiberglass it in from both sides.

blazeracer

If your going to permanently close the holes glass a wood plug into it, then another piece of ply larger than the hole inside the hull. For primer, whatever brand paint you use, get that primer.

WAFOBABY

Pretty much WHAT I said LOL I kinda figured I was steering you in the right direction.  Find a peace of PVC fitting laying around there that is close to the size of the hole and use that to make your pattern with.      You know boating season is HERE RIGHT lol lol ...

itsjohny

I got that part, i just cant find a clamp that can do the job! considering putting those caps back over it :/     

n ya i figured that lol, your in more of a rush to get that tx done than i am lol

ChryslerJet

itsjohny said:
I got that part, i just cant find a clamp that can do the job! considering putting those caps back over it :/     

n ya i figured that lol, your in more of a rush to get that tx done than i am lol

Makes some with some 2x4s and some threaded rod.
Something like thisbelow.  Let me know if it needs explanation.

You could also drill a small 5/16" hole in the plug and a piece of Plywood on either side and a bolt through the middle as a clamp.  A small hole is much easier to fill than a large one.

Attachments

• TransomClamps.bmp
    303.3 KB · Views: 138

itsjohny

ChryslerJet said:

You could also drill a small 5/16" hole in the plug and a piece of Plywood on either side and a bolt through the middle as a clamp.  A small hole is much easier to fill than a large one.

your paint skills are amazing!  lol    Ya ive got a thousand or so feet of all thread here too... Thats a very good idea.. ill have to put nut and washer on the inside also wont i?

ChryslerJet

itsjohny said:
ChryslerJet said:

your paint skills are amazing!  lol    Ya ive got a thousand or so feet of all thread here too... Thats a very good idea.. ill have to put nut and washer on the inside also wont i?
Yeah your right wasn't thinking when I drew that up.

spd500

Most people have a tach, water temp, oil pressure, volt meter, and the other is fuel most of the time,  but you can put a GPS, boost gauge, or whatever you want there.

itsjohny

Thanks everyone, have my trailer tore apart. Fenders were rusted and bunks were rotted. Had a local fabricator build be some more step things.. and believe it or not he build them all them same.. which wont work, took them back to him yesterday to re do two of them, hopefully he will have them done today and illhave them welded to the trailer tonight!    Next week ill be headed to the painters to help them flip the boat, any suggestions on how to flip it over with out scratching it? I was thinking tires with blankets on them?