76 continental

itsjohny

Up to date on the thread; With the help of an old timer, a phone call to wafo and last mohican it was out in no time.. 

itsjohny

Motor out! thanks for the help  :smile16:  will finish sanding the rest of the top this week and hopeing to have it turned over by next week!

spd500

It looks great so far , can't wait to see what you are going to do with it . It will be alot easier to work on after you get it off the trailer . Are you going to shoot the paint yourself ? There is a thread here for questions on paint and body work if you are doing the painting yourself , and we have members here who can keep you on the right track with great tips and advice .

itsjohny

I had thought about doing the paint myself.. but im having a hell of a time finding time to even work on it before paint.. think im just goign to send it to someone. No idea who yet. Decided i will finish up body work myself prime it, then pass the puck off.

spd500

90% of the time spent on it will be getting it ready to paint . It really don't take long to paint it , depending on what you are going to do.  There are members up in that area that have painted thier own boats that would probably be happy to help you out . Might be worth reconsidering .

blazeracer

X2, up to primer is 90% of the work. Unless you're doing like seven colors, then you'll spend a lot of time taping also.

spd500

blazeracer said:
X2, up to primer is 90% of the work. Unless you're doing like seven colors, then you'll spend a lot of time taping also.

Or woodgrain , that takes a ton of taping too .

itsjohny

Def not 7 colors or wood grain, thinking two tone.. blue and white. My main concern is i dont know where i would paint the boat at

spd500

Paint it in the same building you are working on it in now  :smile30: Thats what I am doing with mine , and it looks great so far .

WAFOBABY

Hey man glad u got it out brotha.  Boat is coming along.  I need to come over and look at those tanks for ya and if u cant use them im sure out of our jet boat junk yard we have some that will work.  I bet u cant wait to get on that tx winger next lol.  hauler at me this weekend or i will hauler at u.  Better find the time to work on it lake season will be here soon.  Also if deside u dont want to paint it i havea good friend in fate that ownes his own paint shop.  He does high end cars and street rods and boats and custom work very good and decent on price.  let me know

itsjohny

spd500 said:
Paint it in the same building you are working on it in now  :smile30: Thats what I am doing with mine , and it looks great so far .

pops will freak if i get paint on the floor, also no good ventilation.. except ac, then theres two classic trucks in there, that arnt going out of there lol weve got another barn i may try to use but still cant get painto n the floor...

itsjohny

WAFOBABY said:
Hey man glad u got it out brotha.  Boat is coming along.  I need to come over and look at those tanks for ya and if u cant use them im sure out of our jet boat junk yard we have some that will work.  I bet u cant wait to get on that tx winger next lol.  hauler at me this weekend or i will hauler at u.  Better find the time to work on it lake season will be here soon.  Also if deside u dont want to paint it i havea good friend in fate that ownes his own paint shop.  He does high end cars and street rods and boats and custom work very good and decent on price.  let me know

sounds good man, finishing up some more spots up top.. still havnt got any filler for some low spots was leaning towards dyna glass just from what a few people have told me it pretty solid.. good, would rather a profesional paint it..  still not 100% sure though.. and yes im itching to get this one going so i can focus on that tx  hurry.gif 

spd500

If you paint it yourself and are worried about getting paint on the floor you can just put down a big drop cloth and you will be fine. I didn't put anything down and I don't have any paint on my floor. Don't know if it just doesn't stick to concrete or what, but I wet the floor and spray,  I just swept the shop and there is no paint on the floor. But if a professional job is in the budget there is nothing wrong with going that route either. We have a few painters on the forums, but I don't know if any of them are up your way.