Winternats 2015

KONA77

Devilman said:
Jeff puttin his boat in the San Jac... Tim was right, calender flips a year & all kinds of stuff starts happening.. lol

better be careful,  the SanJac crew will come on here and rip you a new one  :smile14:

Devilman

KONA said:
better be careful,  the SanJac crew will come on here and rip you a new one  :smile14:

I'd have to respond to that in 2 parts...

1) Why? Jeff has said multiple times in the past he wasn't keen about running the San Jac. Whether he does or doesn't makes no difference to me. Just some humorous forum banter with friends.

2)  As far as the rest, I checked my gauge to be sure & yep, its 100% accurate. :wink: :grin:

Give_4cc39f_2464143.gif

KONA77

DISTURBED said:
KONA said:
lol,  this cold wet weather sure as someone awefully testy  :smile26:

If you'd quit crying, you'd find that it's really not that wet.  :smile30: :smile14:

lol,  I see your three days of sulking over the Cowbabies are over  :tongue:

Disturbed

KONA said:
DISTURBED said:
And you're the reason why the cowboys are America's team.

lmao,  so you said on fagbook,  crack me up  :smile16:

So you saw that?  LOL.  Lee is a local cop.  Chris is Kathy's brother.  Both a couple haters.  School was called into special session last night.  LOL.  :smile14:

KONA77

DISTURBED said:
KONA said:
DISTURBED said:
And you're the reason why the cowboys are America's team.

lmao,  so you said on fagbook,  crack me up  :smile16:

So you saw that?  LOL.  Lee is a local cop.  Chris is Kathy's brother.  Both a couple haters.  School was called into special session last night.  LOL.  :smile14:

yeah that was some funny shit lmao

TexasJet

Devilman said:
KONA said:

I'd have to respond to that in 2 parts...

1) Why? Jeff has said multiple times in the past he wasn't keen about running the San Jac. Whether he does or doesn't makes no difference to me. Just some humorous forum banter with friends.

2)  As far as the rest, I checked my gauge to be sure & yep, its 100% accurate. :wink: :grin:

Give_4cc39f_2464143.gif

Damnit Boy, you always seem to hit the nail right on the ol' head.

Smack talkin' in the winter is encouraged.  clap.gif

TexasJet

OK, serious question.

With the water being in the 60 deg range is it difficult to build heat in the motor? I've never boated in water that cold.

I don't think you can just start your motor, idle over to the starting area and make a pass.

I have 20/50 weight oil and it's probably going to take awhile to heat that up.

73 Sanger Flat

Need some heat in the oil first . Do you have a oil temp gauge on the engine ? I added one to mine and I make sure it get some heat in it before I hammer on it .. Don't care to much about the water temp , oil temp is more important .. I like mine about 160 and above before I get on it .

KONA77

if your worried about running cold,  then run up behind the starting area a bit and warm your engine up, 

TexasJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Need some heat in the oil first . Do you have a oil temp gauge on the engine ? I added one to mine and I make sure it get some heat in it before I hammer on it .. Don't care to much about the water temp , oil temp is more important .. I like mine about 160 and above before I get on it .

No oil temp. Oil pressure. EGT on #5 pipe. Water temp. etc.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well usually oil temp is above the water temp. So if you see temp starting to show on your gauge, then you know the oil has some temp to it. :smile30: