Winternats 2015

sturat

Use your ratchet on the trailer and build some heat, then close off your water valve to the motor some. That will restrict the water to the motor and keep some heat in the oil.

TexasJet

sturat said:
Use your ratchet on the trailer and build some heat, then close off your water valve to the motor some. That will restrict the water to the motor and keep some heat in the oil.

No ratchet. But thanks.

sturat

Then you can unbolt the driveline, it is just a few bolts. If you do not want to do that then just cruise it for a bit before hand.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
sturat said:
Then you can unbolt the driveline, it is just a few bolts. If you do not want to do that then just cruise it for a bit before hand.
Just cruise around, like said earlier, you can go down river aways and warm it up. :grin:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
sturat said:
Just cruise around, like said earlier, you can go down river aways and warm it up. :grin:

Get outta here with all that logical stuff!  LOL

Nah, I think Jeff is concerned about the cooler water not allowing his engine to warm up sufficiently.  Restricting the water flow should help.  My $.02

TexasJet

Cruising around sounds good. What time is everybody getting there? Please don't say 9 or 10 AM. I'm hoping around noonish.

Disturbed

TexasJet said:
Cruising around sounds good. What time is everybody getting there? Please don't say 9 or 10 AM. I'm hoping around noonish.

Drivers meeting at 1100.  You'll have to be there for that if you're gonna participate.    :smile30:

Devilman

I thought I read somewhere that it was difficult to build heat in an engine when running salty water thru it... :huh: maybe I'm thinking of something else...

lol :evil: :grin:

TexasJet

Devilman said:
I thought I read somewhere that it was difficult to build heat in an engine when running salty water thru it... :huh: maybe I'm thinking of something else...

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are sooooo your avatar.

Devilman said:

No that aint true. It's just as easy to build heat! Jeff just run the boat a little or let it. Idle around out there like patch said the oil temp will be hotter then the water temp, so when you start seeing heat in the motor (and YOU WILL) you'll be fine! What does the normal temp run? I always ran mine at 120-130 even in the summer! And the oil temp was still around 175-180 in winter and 200 in summer!! With those water temps!

TexasJet

Mike S said:
Devilman said:

No that aint true. It's just as easy to build heat! Jeff just run the boat a little or let it. Idle around out there like patch said the oil temp will be hotter then the water temp, so when you start seeing heat in the motor (and YOU WILL) you'll be fine! What does the normal temp run? I always ran mine at 120-130 even in the summer! And the oil temp was still around 175-180 in winter and 200 in summer!! With those water temps!

When fully warmed the water temp is around 150.

Devilman

TexasJet said:

hahaha, winter time shenanigans. :grin: You'll be fine. :cool:

Mike S said:

I was just messing with Jeff, there ain't nothing wrong with that water. :smile14: :smile17:

Ol Kona was right about the sensitivity level it appears... lol :grin:

TexasJet said:
Mike S said:
Devilman said:

When fully warmed the water temp is around 150.

So you should run 130 maybe 140 or so with oil temps in the 175 range and at 150 your oil is probably around 200-210 in summer if everything is right unless you run the dog snoot out of Her then you could be higher in summer but then that's not good! The key is to have a oil temp gauge and watch it! When on temp oil psi and temp should alway stay the same on how you run your boat, and if one day the temp Starts rising and the psi starts dropping that's when you have a problem! Like a bearing fixing to let go etc! It's always good to have a temp gauge they do more then just tell you the temp! It could save a motor!

Devilman said:
TexasJet said:

hahaha, winter time shenanigans. :grin: You'll be fine. :cool:

Mike S said:

I was just messing with Jeff, there ain't nothing wrong with that water. :smile14: :smile17:

Ol Kona was right about the sensitivity level it appears... lol :grin:

Lol ohh ok sorry carry on!!  :smile30: