Tawakoni Hot Boat Regatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be headed up Friday as well, but will be there late. I'm always up for some late nite refreshments!  jump.gif

Devilman

We gonna shoot for this and hopefully can be off Friday so we can come up during the day. Gonna try & get it figured out pretty quick because I think one of those small cabins will be the way to go. Should know something concrete before the weekend is over.

73 Sanger Flat

Motor Head said:
We can throw one Hell of a birthday party sat night bro! Just saying.

Sounds good , but she will want to be with the grandkids and the family that day .. I might decide to bring the boat to work Friday and stay Friday night so I can make a test run early Saturday morning before it gets crazy out there .. I don't really like to test run next to any one now since the boat will run over 50 mph now  . It get to dangerous .. ..

73 Sanger Flat

Be cool if some one had a portable Radar gun for the testing session .. I have my little GPS , but be fun to see what everyone boats will actually run on the water and not on the trailers ..

Maybe we can mark us off a little run area with some home made bouys and make some solo runs for exibition purposes only .. One way of course ..

Just to verify that our speedometers are acurate.

Gold Member

I'm going to mark off a 1,000' course. I'm sure you can make some solo passes. I wish I had a radar gun! I don't care who knows what my boat runs. It's slow.

Crusader

$50 for the smallest cabin. No bathroom or shower. The larger cabins have a bathroom but they are $175 a night. Looks like I'm going pup a tent.

I found out the information offthe website.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
$50.00 is what it costs me to get my RV to Huntsville. So I'll take  one of those little ones! :grin:

73 Sanger Flat

Motor Head said:
I'm going to mark off a 1,000' course. I'm sure you can make some solo passes. I wish I had a radar gun! I don't care who knows what my boat runs. It's slow.

That will be cool .. My boat is slow also .. One of these days I will have a fast boat ..  Maybe I can get fast enough to get through the 1000 ft course .. I need all the room I can get to get the top  speed of 50

73 Sanger Flat

Crusader said:
$50 for the smallest cabin. No bathroom or shower. The larger cabins have a bathroom but they are $175 a night. Looks like I'm going pup a tent.

If I stay Friday night , I'm  going to see if we can throw a tent in the field and maybe pay a fee to use the facilities ..

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Crusader said:

As far as cabins go that sounds about right to me.  That is cheaper than a cabin at Broken bow.  Even the small cabins in the state park at BB are $70 a night.

Gold Member

Something I forgot to mention is that if the wind gets real bad there are 2 coves we hang out in that's about a 3 to 5 min boat ride from camp  we can go to that has nice beaches we can go too.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that you have water is a plus for us Southern boys! I'll take a little wind or a 5 min boat ride! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.