Suggestions & Gripes

I have not read all of the prior remarks or comments. This is my opinion and they work for others.
There are other sites that work because of what they have done to use the advancements in this techology

examples. NOT THE NAMES or what they focus on.
So Cal jet. there site is up to date, interactive, and there is an app. Everything kept current (very important because of facebook)
performance boats!!! does not work, it is to big and to many advetisements!!! Ads must be limited and by invitation only!!!
Yellow bullet,
texasoutside.com
some of the hot rod forums.  ETC, ETC, ETC.
Some one who is good with photography that shoots for TEXAS HOT BOATS with all rights protected
Everything new and up to date, advanced to beat facebook.
This is alot of work and nobody likes change. If you want a great WEBSITE this is what needs to happen. Some will like it some will night.
this takes effort and devotion of those committed to making TEXAS HOT BOATS WEBSITE and all that goes with it what it was intended for.
Community and fun for what we all enjoy

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. My son is working on a new theme. He is going to change it and get the bugs worked out before we switch over. That way hopefully we can cut down on some of the errors we have had here recently. And at the end of the day, it is still us the members posting up content to get other members talking. So post away, and keep the conversation going! clap.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
Oh Stevie boy..does your son work cheap ??  :smile16: :smile30:
If you call housing a teenager cheap then I guess the answer would be yes. think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
OK Guys , last nite we did a major restore on the server. So we have got the missing images back. We probably lost some new images , but given the choice we needed our history back. So if something you posted recently is not showing up, please post it up again. This hopefully is the last of the major restores that we have to do. There may be a few images here and there that may not show up, some did not pass the security detail. All in all we can move forward from now on.  :smile14:

Devilman

Cool deal man. Glad you guys are making some headway with all the background stuff we don't see. Thanks again for the time and effort y'all are putting in on this deal. :smile17:

Crusader

jimsplace said:
I agree that facebook shouldn't be blamed, even though when the facebook started a number of people started using it.  As I recall, there were some on this site that seemed to want to start things and some left to get away from it.  I seldom see that here now, but I see potential problems on facebook at times.  The Moderators do a very good job at keeping it down, but there will always be someone that is bound and determined to stir things up for their own foolish reasons.

For the most part, the people now on facebook aren't the same people that used to visit this site, or at least I don't recognize who they are.  Facebook is just another means of communicating with others.  I don't use my phone for writing much, so it doesn't really work that well for me.  Some prefer it and that's Ok too.

I still prefer to have categories to view like this site has, and not have to go through a lot of other stuff if I choose not to.
TEXAS HOT BOATS, the site, is still my preference.
JUST ONE PERSONS VIEWPOINT :smile17:

Thanks for the kudos on FB Jim.

Thing is about social media is if at the time (seven years ago) I didn't jump on the FB bandwagon for THB, someone else would have. Good, bad or indifferent, THB FB is what it is.....just a social media place for light conversation. FB has never been a source for reference and thats where THB main site gets credit. Granted, most build threads get carried away with banter and a build thread that might be 100 pages long, could be narrowed down to 20-30 pages with factual information. Personally, scrolling through all the banter, as fun as it may be at the time and what brings us together, is tedious and time consuming just to get the facts on someones builds. There have been many times where I've linked a build thread to a FB post only to get feedback that there was just too many pages to scroll through....and I've also been told that the threads I've linked were very helpful too.....so it all just depends on how much time and effort the reader whats to invest to get their information out of the thread.

To reference Jims comment about the troublemakers on FB. There was a time where I spent many hours on the phone with Cookieman and Duane Hydro discussing similar troublemakers on this main site back in it's hay day so I have to reply that neither place is immune from troublemakers. I've lost many "acquaintances" from this site and FB because I wanted to uphold a certain level of civility and standards for THB and I have to tell you, being a mod/admin is a very thankless job.

As I've always done, I will continue to work behind the scenes and promote THB as best as I can.

Devilman

Crusader said:
Granted, most build threads get carried away with banter and a build thread that might be 100 pages long, could be narrowed down to 20-30 pages with factual information. Personally, scrolling through all the banter, as fun as it may be at the time and what brings us together, is tedious and time consuming just to get the facts on someones builds.

Yeah, I can agree with this for sure. Two threads recently that I was searching for some info & finding it was pretty time consuming & that was on a desktop with a big monitor, can only imagine how frustrating it would be for someone using something with a small screen, lol.

And I am guilty of contributing to it, yes I know.  :angel:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Growing or developing is painful, thanks for sticking it out with us through these crazy times. Thanks Cliff for what you and James do over on FB. I have noticed who participates there and who doesn't. Seems like there are allot of FB jet boat sites now. So everyone can find a place to call home. Again thank you for your understanding and everyone's efforts. And yes the build threads get a little full, but they do on other sites as well. That's what lightens up the mood for everyone! It's the ol if you want to know the real truth, ask the crazy guy! :smile28:

Crusader

Patchman said:
Growing or developing is painful, thanks for sticking it out with us through these crazy times. Thanks Cliff for what you and James do over on FB. I have noticed who participates there and who doesn't. Seems like there are allot of FB jet boat sites now. So everyone can find a place to call home. Again thank you for your understanding and everyone's efforts. And yes the build threads get a little full, but they do on other sites as well. That's what lightens up the mood for everyone! It's the ol if you want to know the real truth, ask the crazy guy! :smile28:

Lol...right.

Thing is, when a build thread gets long in the tooth and dies off....one of us should painstakingly go through and delete the less pertainant information so the build threads are less painful to scroll through. Like you, I too am guilty of BSing too much.

Devilman

Crusader said:
Lol...right.

Thing is, when a build thread gets long in the tooth and dies off....one of us should painstakingly go through and delete the less pertainant information so the build threads are less painful to scroll through. Like you, I too am guilty of BSing too much.

I dunno man, there is some quality material buried in there with the pertinent info, haha.

Far as cleaning up, I have always gotten rid of my "for sale" threads after something sells. Always thought all the CL posts with dead links could be gotten rid of. Didn't know how much it would actually help the site, just cut down on the clutter a bit.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, I need to do some trimming on that. I know there are some posts here and there from members who are no longer with us. So I kind of think I need to read through and delete selectively. We have plenty of storage space if you will. But it would be a good idea to keep pertinent posts alive with out some of the clutter. think.gif

Disturbed

Be careful deleting posts.  Someone might go all _________ (insert at your discretion)  crazy.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
Be careful deleting posts.  Someone might go all _________ (insert at your discretion)  crazy.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

lol, there was a couple different names that could easily fit that blank... :smile28: But to "Go Ghostrider" always makes me laugh... :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well finally some good news, Cameron will be back to working on this forum soon. Hopefully we can get some more upgrades to this site. Plus we will have sticker info shortly.  crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying to keep this band of misfits together! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif :smile17: