Suggestions & Gripes

Crusader

Patchman said:
Thanks for the inputs. The first priority is to update and keep all the valuable info here. Plus there are allot of good memories of events and conversations with members whom are no longer here with us. I have come to figure out that people come and go in the boating seen. There is a fair amount who buy a boat, and figure out after the first season that they are not boat people. The key to reviving this place is participation. Log on and say hi, even if you post nothing else. There has been an awful lot of activity in the last two days here. Also understand that negativity won't build membership nor participation. So let's think about our comments before we post! I can't tell you how many posts that I write and delete before they get posted! We all love THB here, but it is hard to step up to plate and help fix what's wrong. I can take the ideas and criticism all at the sale time, but I believe in letting the past be the past! So let's hear more ideas and see what we can do.

I've been fighting negative posts for YEARS on this site.....and have been chastised from certain groups as a result.....glad the heat will be on you now. On FB, after a few years of folks being crybabies, I've managed to get most of them to post on their own pages and not THB FB.....occasionally something will flare up but it's squashed quickly. The key to operating pages and sites, as with anything, is to keep positive attitudes, delete negative comments and if need be, the member as well.

I remember Duane and Esa telling me either on the phone or in person, "you're going to find out who your friends are and you're not going to have a lot of friends doing this job".......boy were they right.

Crusader

Devilman said:
This is the one I was referring to. Pretty basic, but looks nice, easy to read at a distance etc..

I like the Red White and Blue decal too....got one on my truck however its faded.....time for a new one.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
You have done a great job over on FB man! I am trying to figure out how to make the two sites compliment one another. They each have their place. There will be some changes to the admin process here on this site if it will allow me to do it. I have an idea that will make admin life a little better! :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

You guys are doing a great job .. It would be hard to be an admin or owner .. I wish you both luck .. Hang in there .. Can;'t wait to see the new THB

Devilman

Crusader said:
I've been fighting negative posts for YEARS on this site.....and have been chastised from certain groups as a result.....glad the heat will be on you now. On FB, after a few years of folks being crybabies, I've managed to get most of them to post on their own pages and not THB FB.....occasionally something will flare up but it's squashed quickly. The key to operating pages and sites, as with anything, is to keep positive attitudes, delete negative comments and if need be, the member as well.

I remember Duane and Esa telling me either on the phone or in person, "you're going to find out who your friends are and you're not going to have a lot of friends doing this job".......boy were they right.

I have never understood how some grown ass men can turn into menstrual teenage girls when they get behind a keyboard, lol. I have seen it happen many times though, strange phenomenon indeed. crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Had to do a reset on the host. We have lost what ever was posted since the 7th. Sorry guys, we had to do it. But it will be OK from here on out we hope. We will be able to keep THB updated and we will have a theme that we can get support on again. So in the long run we will be better off. Again we apologize about the lost pics guys!  :smile25:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well the good news is that my son was able to figure out how to update this theme to make it work with the most current versions of our host. So hopefully the issues we have had in the past are behind us. We are sorry for the lost data/picss. But I think we will have better luck with updates and some added functions as we go. I'm going to work on the appearance of the site to make it look a little more modern, but don't want to change the over all function. So keep the suggestions coming boys!!!! :smile14:

Drumzilla

Is it safe to ad my avatar back  ?? first it was gone.. then it was changed back to my old one..now it's gone again.. not really gripping Patch just F-in with ya...lets see what happens !! :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's ok, gripe away! I got thick skin. I think I know what the problem was/is. My anti-virus doesn't like something about some of the pictures data. So it appears it quarantined them. think.gif

Drumzilla

Steve..I'm showing you some love man...Good job..
Capture_2017-08-15-13-46-11_crop_720x548_zpssox4vhkv.jpeg

Drumzilla

Since i never see you on the lake I'm going to come over when you're out in your shop one day to see if you're getting fat and old.... :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
Since i never see you on the lake I'm going to come over when you're out in your shop one day to see if you're getting fat and old.... :smile30:
I have actually been loosing weight, but I am probably getting more grey hair! :smile14:

Drumzilla

Funny.. My dad always said two things.. Getting old beats the alternative.. and.. Grey hair is better then no hair..he went bald around the age of 30...LOL

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If you clear your browser cookies, you can now see THB in a wider format.  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif