Suggestions & Gripes

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I hope that may help on folks being able to use the site. I know it has been an issue in the past. It's always good to be more secure! :smile30:

Cameron is looking into working on the gallery.  think.gif

Devilman

Still comes up as insecure for me, while other sites come up as secure. Not a big deal for me, but just an FYI.

TexasJet

It's not a secure site for me either. I think it has to start with "https" to be secure.

Attachments

• 0702011924 (1).jpg
    0702011924 (1).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 32

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
As usual, there is a problem with our theme. I'm getting real tired of trying to save silent wave. It is about to get a wave good bye! :smile15:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
There are aspects of silent wave that are not ssl compatible. So we are looking into changing what we can to make it work or ditching it all together.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
whatever you need to do to keep this site going , I am all for it .. Change whatever you need to ..
Will do Billy, THB isn't going away anytime soon. As long as there are members here who post, I'll keep it headed on course! :smile30:

Devilman

Patchman said:
There are aspects of silent wave that are not ssl compatible. So we are looking into changing what we can to make it work or ditching it all together.

I gotcha. Appreciate ya'll taking the time & effort to keep this place hitting on all eight. :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I remember how it was, and I see how it is. Time to get it back to the way it used to be. I know there are allot of variables that have brought us to where we are today. So hopefully with allot of effort, we can recruit some new blood if you will, and bring the lurkers out of the shadows.  think.gif Well maybe some of the lurkers! :smile30:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
Well I remember how it was, and I see how it is. Time to get it back to the way it used to be. I know there are allot of variables that have brought us to where we are today. So hopefully with allot of effort, we can recruit some new blood if you will, and bring the lurkers out of the shadows.  think.gif Well maybe some of the lurkers! :smile30:

It sure was a lot of fun back when this place would light up. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I can honestly say that the chuckle or smile that THB put on my face in the morning, carried me through many a day. So it's time to get everyone going again! We all need some time together on a body of water somewhere! :smile16:

Drumzilla

All of us on the same body of water, at the same time.... exactly..now your talking like old times... clap.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
TexasJet said:
:smile19:  It was alive and well before Facebook.
I can't blame FB for how this site is. FB has actually brought allot of other boaters together. This place has been dated for along time now. That's why I want to make some changes and make it more current if you will. That's why I am asking for ideas, and we are working behind the curtain to see what and how we can change it up. It will happen slowly but Shirley! ( Insert Kenny's crying man) :smile17:

jimsplace

I agree that facebook shouldn't be blamed, even though when the facebook started a number of people started using it.  As I recall, there were some on this site that seemed to want to start things and some left to get away from it.  I seldom see that here now, but I see potential problems on facebook at times.  The Moderators do a very good job at keeping it down, but there will always be someone that is bound and determined to stir things up for their own foolish reasons.

For the most part, the people now on facebook aren't the same people that used to visit this site, or at least I don't recognize who they are.  Facebook is just another means of communicating with others.  I don't use my phone for writing much, so it doesn't really work that well for me.  Some prefer it and that's Ok too.

I still prefer to have categories to view like this site has, and not have to go through a lot of other stuff if I choose not to.
TEXAS HOT BOATS, the site, is still my preference.
JUST ONE PERSONS VIEWPOINT :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well when we make changes, we will always invite input. We don't know what people want in a forum, unless they tell us. So let's see where this thing goes.

jimsplace

Patchman said:
Well when we make changes, we will always invite input. We don't know what people want in a forum, unless they tell us. So let's see where this thing goes.

Agreed, see what people want.
If we don't tell you, it's kind of hard to provide it.

:smile17: