Suggestions & Gripes

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the place to make suggestions or to let us know what you really don't like about the site. I want to hear from you. We need ideas as to what we can do to make THB a better place. Understand it will take time to make things happen, so don't get frustrated with me! :smile14: :smile14: :smile14: :smile14:

73 Sanger Flat

Just wanted to say Thanks for taking the time and effort in updating  the site .. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for it .. We just need to get more traffic in here like it used to have .. Thanks again ..

Devilman

This is concerning the merchandise stuff being talked about. Just figured I'd include it here & can keep it in one place.

Where I was going with my earlier post... is that if there is someone that is willing to make up some stuff, stickers, coozies, etc... as long as they have permission to do it, why not let them do it. I don't think the Graff's were making anything off it when they were doing it, they were just stepping up cause no one over here was doing it anymore. There could be more than one design... keep the original, but have updated versions as well.

In my opinion, it helps keep the spirit of THB alive and spreads the word about the site as well. Unfortunately, FB is probably gonna be around for awhile. Best thing to do would be to try & work with it. Working against it will probably drive people away, there was already some nonsense in the past when some people took that whole north/south thing too serious & got all butthurt over it.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Devilman

And as you previously mentioned, having a format that is user friendly would be a big help. Most people fukkin off on the internet nowdays are doing it from their phones I imagine. There has been comments here from members that got frustrated trying to post here & gave up. So there is some activity lost right there. I have read about something called TapaTalk for mobile devices. I think this forum actually offers the option to use it as well, but I never have. RDP got rid of the TapaTalk feature on their website and people had a fit, lol.... They ended up bringing it back & now they are happy again. So, while I never used it, it may be something to look into here as well.

Crusader

Devilman said:
And as you previously mentioned, having a format that is user friendly would be a big help. Most people fukkin off on the internet nowdays are doing it from their phones I imagine. There has been comments here from members that got frustrated trying to post here & gave up. So there is some activity lost right there. I have read about something called TapaTalk for mobile devices. I think this forum actually offers the option to use it as well, but I never have. RDP got rid of the TapaTalk feature on their website and people had a fit, lol.... They ended up bringing it back & now they are happy again. So, while I never used it, it may be something to look into here as well.

TapTalk is available for use on this site.

Additionally, social media is not going away (as you mentioned above) and that's why I ran and took off with the FB site. Websites are dying off as a result of social media...... and I'm afraid there doesn't appear to be an answer. Websites are so much better for archiving technical threads too.....not so much for social media as it's design for "social use" only.....

Devilman

Crusader said:
TapTalk is available for use on this site.

Additionally, social media is not going away (as you mentioned above) and that's why I ran and took off with the FB site. Websites are dying off as a result of social media...... and I'm afraid there doesn't appear to be an answer. Websites are so much better for archiving technical threads too.....not so much for social media as it's design for "social use" only.....

I know in general website use has gone down considerably. Hotboat, PerformanceBoats, activity there is pretty much zilch. I know I mention RDP a lot, but there may be something to be learned though I don't know what, lol. That place is blowing & going pretty much nonstop. I think they actually have less activity on their FB page than their actual website.

How does the TapaTalk work, do you use it? Know what you mean about the archiving aspect, I hate trying to find something on FB. It actually has a search function but doesn't work for shit, lol.

Crusader

If you're logged out of THB on your phone, then enter the site....a pop up should appear to give you the option to use taptalk.

Devilman

Ya just tried it & saw that. Didn't click on it though. I don't use my phone that often to do interweb stuff. Don't figure I need any extra apps on there clogging it up more than it is.  :cheesy:

I wonder if there is anyone here that uses it?

farmo83

My .02 would be to maybe redo how the forums are organized. There has been a few times I've wanted to post stuff and I'm like "well does it belong here, or here, or here?" Or keep what there is and maybe make a catch all forum.

jimsplace

farmo83 said:
My .02 would be to maybe redo how the forums are organized. There has been a few times I've wanted to post stuff and I'm like "well does it belong here, or here, or here?" Or keep what there is and maybe make a catch all forum.

At first glance, I like the way the site is laid out and the individual categories.  However, I understand what you say.  Additionally, one of the categories was last posted in several years ago and several go back a year or year and half.
Perhaps some of the categories could get combined to make it appear there is more activity overall and make it so you don't have to go through the various categories, not that there is so much activity anyway.
I like the look of the layout currently, but if there is something changed I'm Ok with that also.  I'm not knocking facebook, but I do like this type of format much better.  I don't use my phone for written communication much and topics stay linked better here.

A question that I have is, where did everyone go?  I know some went the way of facebook, but most of the people on facebook are names I don't recognize from those who used to visit here.  My hope is that if we can have a good summer without too much rain or the weather doesn't reach 100 degrees for days on end, and more people will come out of the woodwork.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the inputs. The first priority is to update and keep all the valuable info here. Plus there are allot of good memories of events and conversations with members whom are no longer here with us. I have come to figure out that people come and go in the boating seen. There is a fair amount who buy a boat, and figure out after the first season that they are not boat people. The key to reviving this place is participation. Log on and say hi, even if you post nothing else. There has been an awful lot of activity in the last two days here. Also understand that negativity won't build membership nor participation. So let's think about our comments before we post! I can't tell you how many posts that I write and delete before they get posted! We all love THB here, but it is hard to step up to plate and help fix what's wrong. I can take the ideas and criticism all at the sale time, but I believe in letting the past be the past! So let's hear more ideas and see what we can do.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
farmo83 said:

This will change I'm sure with the new theme once I find one that works. Also I want something that doesn't require Tapatalk to make the site work on your phone. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I'm looking into it.

And just post it where you think it needs to go, if it doesn't belong I'll move it where it belongs! :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If you guys have suggestions on logos, send me some ideas! I'm going to have Cameron start working on some tonight. I think the sticker connection will be a good deal! I'm thinking of having 4 or 5 different options on stickers and a variety of colors. They will be made to order, so I don't have to deal with inventory! jump.gif

Devilman

I'm a fan of the original decals from way back. They were always in white, but could be made in different colors to match peoples trucks/boats/trailers, etc... If you get into something else with a little more pizzazz, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to come up with something.

This is the one I was referring to. Pretty basic, but looks nice, easy to read at a distance etc..

Don

Devilman said:
I'm a fan of the original decals from way back. They were always in white, but could be made in different colors to match peoples trucks/boats/trailers, etc... If you get into something else with a little more pizzazz, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to come up with something.

This is the one I was referring to. Pretty basic, but looks nice, easy to read at a distance etc..
I have some of those we need to have an outing so I can give them away

73 Sanger Flat

I still have that same sticker on the back of my boat and I think it is NICE looking

Devilman said:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I have on my truck, and she is starting with that one first.  :smile17: