PRO53 HONDO FLATTY ?

pro53

Putting my first guide coat of slick sand on it. Body work done on one side almost  :rolleyes:, one more sude to go, then I will be painting  :grin:

Attachments

• modela1.jpg
    modela1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 192
  • modela3.jpg
    modela3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 183
  • modela2.jpg
    modela2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 182

Devilman

pro53 said:
Putting my first guide coat of slick sand on it. Body work done on one side almost  :rolleyes:, one more sude to go, then I will be painting  :grin:

Nice work, think it looked better with the chickens & the skulls on it though....  :cheesy:

pro53

Here is the other injection setup, tubes come out nice still have to powdercoat the bells. Randall I still might let it go. Just havent decided which injector to sell yet. :grin:

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 167

pro53

Havent touched it, its just waiting its turn  :rolleyes:
I have learened one thing, if you think its a good deal, it's usally not  :grin: That blower motor I bought for 3000 sure hasnt turned out a very good deal.
dont ever take an engine to a performance machine shop during race season  :grin: Machinest calls yesterday, the 427 needs to go from .030 to .040 to glean up, wells it either buy another block or another set of blower pistons, so now I had to go with a 454 2bolt block instead of the erly 70's vintage 4 bolt 427, another block is cheaper than a set of aries blower pistons, will run a main stud kit though. Guess I got a 427 block for another project  :grin:
So the only thing I used out of the orignal blower motor is a steel crank, pistons, that it  :angry: Had to have him port one Merlin to match the other, just going to start buying new stuff to start with  :rolleyes:I hate to see my bill when I get out of there  :cry: Should have put a FORD in it  :grin:

TintMan

pro53 said:
I have learened one thing, if you think its a good deal, it's usally not  :grin: That blower motor I bought for 3000 sure hasnt turned out a very good deal.
dont ever take an engine to a performance machine shop during race season  :grin: Machinest calls yesterday, the 427 needs to go from .030 to .040 to glean up, wells it either buy another block or another set of blower pistons, so now I had to go with a 454 2bolt block instead of the erly 70's vintage 4 bolt 427, another block is cheaper than a set of aries blower pistons, will run a main stud kit though. Guess I got a 427 block for another project  :grin:
So the only thing I used out of the orignal blower motor is a steel crank, pistons, that it  :angry: Had to have him port one Merlin to match the other, just going to start buying new stuff to start with  :rolleyes:I hate to see my bill when I get out of there  :cry: Should have put a FORD in it  :grin:
Hey George-what year model 427 block? your story sounds very familiar!!!! :smile28:

pro53

TintMan said:
pro53 said:
Hey George-what year model 427 block? your story sounds very familiar!!!! :smile28:
Yea youve learned the hardway too  :grin: Will be picking up, the 427 and the 990's tomorrow, will get the #. You know how to read date codes? It will have to go .040 over.

pro53

Pulled it out of the garage  needed room , took it apart and put it into Hibernation till I can get to it  :grin:

Attachments

• hondo2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 158
  • hondo.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 147

pro53

Just wanted to share with my fellow members what I have been doing  :grin: Working on my car not boating :cheesy: Should be making more shows next year when the car is done.The car is done now on to painting. Painted the cage this weekend
sealer
3 coats metallic base
3 coats intercoat clear with .004 flake
4 coats clear, one pain in the as# to shoot crazy.gif

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    646.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    613 KB · Views: 64
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    613.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    738.4 KB · Views: 45

pro53

Well I got the bottom done and the door jambs and dash, will start on the outside this weekend. When the car is all done I will color sand and buf it includeing the dash. Got some orange peel in the dash flake area, but There is 5 coats of clear on it so it will buff out  :grin: I have to color sand the dash, the pinstripe guy will stripe the dash then I will clear it again.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    629 KB · Views: 160
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    648.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    484.8 KB · Views: 143