PRO53 HONDO FLATTY ?

pro53

Well I just picked up a HONDO FLATTY.Dont know the year, Looks like all the major running gears there.One of those deals you cant pass up the owner only wanted $400.00.Dont know what I am going to do with it right now.It did not have a tittle.The runners are good and the transom was good, no rot.Should I build it or sell it? Could I go fast with a mild motor?Most likely keep it .I reallt dig the style!Did I go wrong for the price?Inquiring minds want to know? My pictures suck will get some better ones tommorrow ::D
100_1497.jpg
ttp://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/pro53/100_1498.jpg[/IMG]
100_1496.jpg

pro53

Sweet Addiction said:
Are you going to leave the name on the boat?
I want to paint it the same and leave the same nameon it.I am kind of exicted ever since Duane game me a ride in his boat I HAVE BEEN IN THE NEED FOR SPEED, ::-D

jdf

well then you need a need in my flattie .....and you will be hooked for sure ..the ain't nothing like a flattie when they are right

pro53

jdf said:
well then you need a need in my flattie .....and you will be hooked for sure ..the ain't nothing like a flattie when they are right
Maybe Ill get to see you this summer at a meet.I am building a stroker moter for my yellow boat and gonna take the mild 460 out and put in the flattie, after I go through it and repaint it. ::D

pro53

here some more pics of my new wait in line project. ::)
It just needs paint and I am proably gonna freshin up wait needs to be freshened up in the drivetrain.I will need to talk to some vdrivers when I am ready ::D
100_1509.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1505.jpg

slowboat

hey pro, you might have a hard time hanging on to that one with the wheel,..... or lack of ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

just kidding, I know it will be a very nice boat when your done!!!!!!!!!

you cant even buy the drive for $400..... you got a steal on that one, hope to see progress pics soon ::grin: ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D and by the way :inf ........ ::big hug:

pro53

slowboat w/twisted intent said:
hey pro, you might have a hard time hanging on to that one with the wheel,..... or lack of ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

just kidding, I know it will be a very nice boat when your done!!!!!!!!!

you cant even buy the drive for $400..... you got a steal on that one, hope to see progress pics soon ::grin: ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D ::-D and by the way :inf ........ ::big hug:
Man I know.Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.I was telling my wife that it was a t deck :idk and there wasnt that many made and she said dont even get rid off it ::grin: I found it when I was going to give a guy a Quote for a fuel tank.I guess one day I will be pulling two boats to a meet.It is defenteley a Hondo, it says it a couple of places in the boat.And the guy I bought it from says it was a 68 year model.Could anybody tell me if that would be correct?

greaser

I see alot of potential there George!!! If you ever need any help with it let me know. I'll work for beer.

pro53

You know it must have been a old school boat I think it had a wood grain steering wheel on it. ::)