Ordered some new goodies.

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Galen - I don't think you have anything to worry about .I don't think my boat will keep up with your Mopar Hydro .. Your engine is bad to the bone .. Now if I had a 14-71 sticking on top of mine . I might give you a good run , but until then . I will bow down to that Mopar ..
boo hiss don't be a quiter make him prove it's faster. lol.  think.gif

73 Sanger Flat

I am sure one of these days , we will line them up for fun .. I've ridden in his Hydro and it is fast , if we did not hit the rev limiter I am not sure how fast we would have gone .. It will be interesting on take off though . I might get Galen on take off , but I think he will chase me down pretty quick ..
I might have to tie an anchor or two  on the back of his boat to help me ..

Carnivalride

I am sure one of these days , we will line them up for fun .. I've ridden in his Hydro and it is fast , if we did not hit the rev limiter I am not sure how fast we would have gone .. It will be interesting on take off though . I might get Galen on take off , but I think he will chase me down pretty quick ..
The start is where it's at if you can get a half second jump there it takes a faster boat some distance to reel you back in. At my lake typical races are less than 1000' due to water conditions. 500'-800' of WOT is typically it during the day.

galen

Carnivalride said:
The start is where it's at if you can get a half second jump there it takes a faster boat some distance to reel you back in. At my lake typical races are less than 1000' due to water conditions. 500'-800' of WOT is typically it during the day.
  Now with the upgrades to spin mine to 8100 wonder if I should just keep the 25s in it. I don't want to loose any acceleration.

Carnivalride

galen said:
Carnivalride said:
  Now with the upgrades to spin mine to 8100 wonder if I should just keep the 25s in it. I don't want to loose any acceleration.
Damn you like to spin your engine. lol  :smile17:

You make me feel bad my rev limiter is set at 7300  :smile19:

galen

I think these heads and manifold will get it where we would like to see it. Billy it has just bothered me since we put it on the dyno. It has good parts in it and to see it pull like a freight train and then nose over has been bugging me from day one. 

Knotty Girl

We will find out spring if this will cure that .. I think it will ..

SPRING  :smile26: but that stuff on now, wrap up in warm clothes and run it.  think.gif

Carnivalride

Knotty said:
We will find out spring if this will cure that .. I think it will ..

SPRING  :smile26: but that stuff on now, wrap up in warm clothes and run it.  think.gif
Ya what he said you're in Texas boating year round. Sheesh Billy what's the hold up. lol  hurry.gif  :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

I few year back I would be doing that . But that freaking water is cold and I do not want to have to get wet .. The heads are not coming off until after Mid December . Toys for Tots next weekend in Granbury . That water will be COLD and I can't drive my boat on the trailer ..  So maybe around March or April for a test run .. Do I have any volunteers on getting in that cold water while I drive the boat ? Plus if I have all  the safety gear on . I can't get it all wet and then get in the boat .. Yeah - Springs sound better ..

EOSpeed

I LIKE THE INTAKE. GOOD FOR 30 OR 40 HP?
                                                                              :smile17:

Carnivalride

I do have to ask since this is a high compression 598 with a set of heads that flow 440cfm at .800 lift why not a Dart tunnel ram or something similar? I still think a pair of. 1050s on a good tunnel ram will make more hp and tq than any single plane.

Ya I might be stirring the pot but that's just me, I had to ask.