Ordered some new goodies.

scarabscs

Those heads and intake are beautiful!  I rememer changing my LS6 over to HS Shaft mount RR's.  They really changed up the geomety... and decking the heads a bit played into it.  I ended up running 3/10 shorter pushrods. 

73 Sanger Flat

They look awesome when I open the boxes . They ported the heads and intake to match for us already . New stud girdle was also in the box ..

Now get with EO and borrow at least one 1.8 rocker to test .The most likely buy all of them from him .. Might as well use the 1.8  rockers to jump the lift up if we have the room for it . It will be  .792 lift on the intake , that should wake this engine up with all of these goodies .

Trigger

Talk about go big or go home! Between the lift of the cam and Billy's willingness to keep the motor at 8k, I would say there may be some extra valve springs in someone's future.  clap.gif

That thing is gonna be a monster!! Nice B!!! jump.gif

EOSpeed

WHEN YOU GET READY JUST BRING IT TO THE SHOP. WE CAN CHECK IT WITH THE 1.8 YOU SHOD CHECK WITH THE CAM MAKER.  SOME LOBES DONT LIKE 1.8 ROCKERS. IF IT HAS ROOM WE CAN MILL THEM A LITTLE. 0 TO .150?
                                                                  jump.gif

galen

EOSpeed said:
WHEN YOU GET READY JUST BRING IT TO THE SHOP. WE CAN CHECK IT WITH THE 1.8 YOU SHOD CHECK WITH THE CAM MAKER.  SOME LOBES DONT LIKE 1.8 ROCKERS. IF IT HAS ROOM WE CAN MILL THEM A LITTLE. 0 TO .150?
                                                                  jump.gif
EO I will call comp in the morning and see what they say on the 1.8 rockers. Cam is Comp cams part# 11-740-9 . grind is CB 3213R-12.  Head gaskets are an FEL 1077. I will get them ordered and dropped to Billy. I will order an intake gasket in .062 and .100, not sure which you will need. Pistons are a Diamond 12357 for 2.350 and 1.900 valves. 13.1 to 1 with 118cc.  I was hoping to get down but looks like early spring. Appreciate you setting these up.  Would like to go to a stronger pushrod, has .083 in it now. Valve springs are PAC 1247 triple set up for .800 lift on the new heads.    Billy pictures would be nice. Close ups even better.

73 Sanger Flat

Pictures  maybe Monday after work . Still trying to get over being sick ..

Not going to change anything until after  Dec,7th Toys for Tots in Granbury . After that I can start taking it apart ..

duanehydro

:laugh: And I'm just wanting some heads that flow 340 or so.....

those ought to move some air! Looks great, Billy.

73 Sanger Flat

I think this is going to do the trick for sure .. They flowed I think around 445 or something like that  . My partner in crime ( Galen ) I think is trying to wake this big engine up ..
Hell I set my speed goal last year of 110 mph , so  I am not sure what the goal is anymore . maybe scare the crap out of Billy ?? I guess it is time to wear the good jacket and helmet
Thanks guys .. 

Trigger

I think it's already been time for the jacket and helmet.  crazy.gif :

Like momma said, "Safety first"!  :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

I know .. It's just something that i need to start doing .. i will try and do better this year .. But that dam jacket is freaking HUGE .. and a pain in the butt to get on and off with all the leg straps and stuff .. But I will try

73 Sanger Flat

I have all the safety gear in the closet already ,I just need to get it out and use it .. My helmet is old , so I may just use my dirt bike helmet for playing
Thanks for the compliments on the  bling.gif

duanehydro

Pain in the butt flying across the water without said equipment as well..... think.gif

suddenly those leg straps are easy.....

73 Sanger Flat

I got the ballistic shorts in the closet also with the helmet restraint ,Also have the  pants and shirt to match the jacket . But I did not want to get them dirty .. LOL