Ordered some new goodies.

73 Sanger Flat

you got it right .. That is what I thought would happen ..  I never  installed 1.8 rockers . Mine have always been 1.7..  I have a couple people lined up to help with the geometry . I don't have the adjustable pushrods that will fit the tall deck . Mine are for a regular deck Chevy . So don't think they will extend out far enough to work with the tall deck ..
I was just hoping to just throw the heads on and finish the top end  an go to the lake . I thought we bought everything for a chevy and it would just bolt on .. What am  missing ?

duanehydro

naw, man, just pushing your buttons...that shit doesn't EVER work out for me...somethings always a lil' off...good luck, brother, and hang on. Oh, and I have the simple nomex driving shoes, they are light and have a good feel for the down pedal.

73 Sanger Flat

I know you are just screwing with with me ..
You welcome to come up and help if you like .. I alway love watching people that know what they are doing work on my engine ..

jimsplace

Duanehydro said:
naw, man, just pushing your buttons...that s*** doesn't EVER work out for me...somethings always a lil' off...good luck, brother, and hang on. Oh, and I have the simple nomex driving shoes, they are light and have a good feel for the down pedal.

Duannehydro
Light shoes because they have a good feel for the peddles?  This is coming from a hydro guy?

Give me some shoes that have a solid sole.  I may just have tender feet, but when you're running good horsepower
it takes some heavier springs on the down peddle to hold it up on the big end.

I'll admit it, I'm a wimp with tender feet.
I'm not the one walking across the rocks with no shoes on.
  :smile17:

duanehydro

Yes Jim....and I have way more time in a flatty than a hydro. The shoes I wear have a good strong sole, with great traction. Also, having a size 12 4e foot doesn't hurt. My foot is usually larger than the go pedals on most boats...just suggesting driving shoes...that's all. If Billy wants, I can send him these...if they fit. :smile16:

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks Duane , they would be a little big .. I wear a 10.5 or maybe 11..
Hell I will most likely just wear some of my tennis shoes

73 Sanger Flat

I drive my boat with tennis shoes on every time . So it feels normal to me .. I learned to wear shoes in the water in Granbury , to mush crap in the water to cut your feet .I would just leave them on when i drove the fast boat so I am used to wearing shoes in the boat. 
Hell Duane , it still early and I have not had my morning Coke ,

Knotty Girl

I bruised the bottom of my foot hitting the shift button one time going into second.  My gas peddle is just a bar not a foot.  Tennis shoes are a must for me in the Hydro

galen

I wear bib overalls and high top tennis shoes. (Missouri driving attire).  I do have a helmet and jacket to go with them.

jimsplace

I wear a pair of trail running shoes.  They are made to get wet and have good drainage along with having a good stiff sole.
Years ago I drove a flat with no shoes, but it had little spring pressure.
I was also younger and didn't know different.
I don't claim to be smarter now, just wiser.

jimsplace

Duanehydro said:
Yes Jim....and I have way more time in a flatty than a hydro. The shoes I wear have a good strong sole, with great traction. Also, having a size 12 4e foot doesn't hurt. My foot is usually larger than the go pedals on most boats...just suggesting driving shoes...that's all. If Billy wants, I can send him these...if they fit. :smile16:

It probably makes a difference on how they are to be used.
If I were racing at a sanctioned race where I would be on the down peddle 3 or 4 times a day for 8-12 seconds each time, my preference may be different than being at the river
for the day with some cruising where the peddle is being used continually for rougher water.

I'd say it doesn't take long to figure out what works for each of us and what doesn't. 
If it doesn't work well, then do something different until it does.
It's about having fun and looking good while we're doing it.

Some of us look better naturally while we're doing it.

jimsplace

galen said:
I wear bib overalls and high top tennis shoes. (Missouri driving attire).  I do have a helmet and jacket to go with them.

In Texas we wear 10 gallon helmets and a leather vest with cowboy driving boots.

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
I know you are just screwing with with me ..
You welcome to come up and help if you like .. I alway love watching people that know what they are doing work on my engine ..

Well that obviously leaves me out "knowing what their doing"  crazy.gif

galen

jimsplace said:
galen said:

In Texas we wear 10 gallon helmets and a leather vest with cowboy driving boots.
Now that's funny !!!

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Come on down Loren . I will let your learn on this one then .. I think you know what you are doing for sure ..

So you think I'm capable of being edumacated???  crazy.gif

I do appreciate the offer to let me learn on yours though.  :smile30: