Ordered some new goodies.

73 Sanger Flat

I think this will for sure get plenty of air into the engine ..
EO- I may need your help setting up the valve train geometry . I have the adjustable Comp Cam pushrods to get the desired length . Will need some help on that and maybe checking the clearance on the Valves to Pistons to make sure everything will clear .. Need to borrow a 1.8 Rocker arm also .. Might go 1.8 rockers later if we need to , so I want to check it to make sure we have enough clearance when I put the heads on ..
I have only done the valve train geometry once and do not want to screw this up

73 Sanger Flat

It should be about the same  size as what was on it for CC's  . If anything might be a couple of CC larger , so Compression might come down a little .. I had 13.4:1 so maybe a little under that ?? Don't think it will change much ..

ChryslerJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
It should be about the same  size as what was on it for CC's  . If anything might be a couple of CC larger , so Compression might come down a little .. I had 13.4:1 so maybe a little under that ?? Don't think it will change much ..
With the extra flow it might be about the same if the old heads were restricting the flow.

73 Sanger Flat

With the extra 40 cfm of air , we are hoping for maybe 70-80 HP gain .. We were thinking the heads were keeping the RPM down .. Hoping to gain some RPM ..

galen

Chambers on the new heads are 119. Did not want to mill any off until we cc the pro 1s.  A 1.8 rocker on the intake will bring our lift up to .792 gross. Will run your carb but would like to see what my SV1 will do on it this summer also. A cam change may be needed to get the most out of the heads but we should not be to far off.

EOSpeed

GALEN THE HEADS CC 116 AFTER MIKE DID THEM THE LAST TIME. NEW VALVES MITE HAVE CHANGED IT SOME. I HAVE A NEW SET OF 1.8 HARLAND SHARP ROCKERS. THE 2.35 WILL HELP TO. CALL ME 817-996-4431.
                                                                :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

EO - Hang on to those rockers we may need them .. Do you think you can help me with the valve train geometry and check Piston to valve clearance when I get this  stuff in . The engine will be in the boat though ? I could come over on a Saturday morning and do it in your shop ..
So the compression may come down just a little from the 116 cc to the 119 cc heads

73 Sanger Flat

Received 3 boxes from the Brown truck today . Christmas came early .. I will try and get them open this weekend and post a couple of pictures .. jump.gif

Carnivalride

Received 3 boxes from the Brown truck today . Christmas came early .. I will try and get them open this weekend and post a couple of pictures .. jump.gif

Very cool Billy that stuff should wake your deal up!!!!  :smile30:

Knotty Girl

Carnivalride said:

Very cool Billy that stuff should wake your deal up!!!!  :smile30:

have seen it run, I did not think it was sleeping.  :smile16:

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks Henry .. You know us water junkies . Never fast enough ..

Loren - I think you are right .  Heads and intake look awesome ..