My New Money Pit, 1972 Sea Ray SRV200 with an Olds 455/Berkeley Jet Drive

Chevy2184

That little blue boat don't look bad? He said he is open to trades? You said you were trying to sell a couple of vehicles? See if he is interested in a trade? Sometimes the best deals are the ones where no money changes hands... As far as the other boat with the crack, tell him 2500 cause it will prob cost you a 1000$ to get it fixed... They will either play ball or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knotty Girl

I know a very good class guy that will fix it right and you will not have to worry about it. He put my race boat back together and it takes a beating.

Disturbed

Knotty said:
I know a very good class guy that will fix it right and you will not have to worry about it. He put my race boat back together and it takes a beating.

I doubt he would claim that he knows you.  :smile17:

jimsplace

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:

I doubt he would claim that he knows you.  :smile17:

I was thinking a different direction.
I was actually thinking he might say, "I know Henry well, good customer."

:smile17:

SyTy Speed Shop

Not sure its worth the asking price, and doesnt really matter as this is way way way out of my price range and budget, but this is a very nice looking boat!!

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5778529793.html

Also noticed this one the other day not to far from me, i emailed the guy but no response yet.  Says it has a fresh 455 BBO.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5786700859.html

Also, thoughts in this one, says it has a fresh 460 BBF that just needs to be installed, and doesnt look to bad overall. 

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/5787597681.html

Devilman

LOL, I saw the 2 bottom ones, but didn't post them cuz didn't think they were what you were wanting. That brown & yellow one looks exactly like a Rochelle.  That's up in Cliff's neck of the woods by Lake Lavon, he may know that boat.

SyTy Speed Shop

Devilman said:
LOL, I saw the 2 bottom ones, but didn't post them cuz didn't think they were what you were wanting. That brown & yellow one looks exactly like a Rochelle.  That's up in Cliff's neck of the woods by Lake Lavon, he may know that boat.

Well to be honest im not exactly sure what im looking for.  I do know that id like something different that you don't see, cool and fast, and by fast i mean atleast in the mid 60's.  Honestly im not really biased as far as engine choice, but im much more familiar with BBO and BBC over the BBF but and engine is an engine so...

I also want something that is a good deal, and if i can find a running boat that is in good overall condition, or like that yellow and brown one just a matter of putting the engine back in and then maybe some minor stuff im not scared of something like that.  I do like the fact that the Omega, which i was thinking looked just like a Rochelle as well with the open bow has more versatility and usability, and from the pics atleast the interior looks decent and usable as is and can start redoing it alittle at a time.

Devilman

SyTy Speed Shop said:
Well to be honest im not exactly sure what im looking for.  I do know that id like something different that you don't see, cool and fast, and by fast i mean atleast in the mid 60's.  Honestly im not really biased as far as engine choice, but im much more familiar with BBO and BBC over the BBF but and engine is an engine so...

I also want something that is a good deal, and if i can find a running boat that is in good overall condition, or like that yellow and brown one just a matter of putting the engine back in and then maybe some minor stuff im not scared of something like that.  I do like the fact that the Omega, which i was thinking looked just like a Rochelle as well with the open bow has more versatility and usability, and from the pics atleast the interior looks decent and usable as is and can start redoing it alittle at a time.

I gotcha. Far as something different, I saw a Tri-Sonic for sale.  It probably doesn't fit the description of cool looking, but think it would make a neat sleeper with the tunnel bottom. I don't recall what they were asking or what was even in it. I'll find it for ya, just for grins.

Here it is: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/5780732386.html

00y0y_iPeCnWst6Zx_600x450.jpg

SyTy Speed Shop

Devilman said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

I gotcha. Far as something different, I saw a Tri-Sonic for sale.  It probably doesn't fit the description of cool looking, but think it would make a neat sleeper with the tunnel bottom. I don't recall what they were asking or what was even in it. I'll find it for ya, just for grins.

Here it is: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/5780732386.html

00y0y_iPeCnWst6Zx_600x450.jpg

Yeah i saw that one too, and while it looks cool not really the style of boat im looking for.

Devilman

SyTy Speed Shop said:
Yeah i saw that one too, and while it looks cool not really the style of boat im looking for.

No, it's not, but would sure be funny to put some power in it & then go kick some ass on some unsuspecting fast "looking" boats, lol....

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that thing would be fun! Who cares about representing! Most of us have bad reputations anyway! Go for it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SyTy Speed Shop

Wanted t ask, not sure anyone will know or sure, but if you have a boat with a broken 454, how hard would it be to pull it and drop in a Gen 7 8.1 496? They are kinda a hybrid of BBC and LSx, and they make a carb intake for them, and i think you could keep the COP ignition with one of those edelbrock or MSD boxes.  I'm pretty sure all of the mounts are the same.

Also the only intake available is the Dart Dual Plane, but it does allow the use of a standard distributor, so i could probably reuse the existing 454 ignition system and the carb setup, and i believe the 8.1 uses the same exhaust ports as the BBC 454 so the headers would swap over as well.

Dry Dock

SyTy Speed Shop said:
Wanted t ask, not sure anyone will know or sure, but if you have a boat with a broken 454, how hard would it be to pull it and drop in a Gen 7 8.1 496? They are kinda a hybrid of BBC and LSx, and they make a carb intake for them, and i think you could keep the COP ignition with one of those edelbrock or MSD boxes.  I'm pretty sure all of the mounts are the same.

Also the only intake available is the Dart Dual Plane, but it does allow the use of a standard distributor, so i could probably reuse the existing 454 ignition system and the carb setup, and i believe the 8.1 uses the same exhaust ports as the BBC 454 so the headers would swap over as well.

It is a factory, heavy truck motor. Cast iron crank. Strictly a low rpm workhorse. It is based in the latest series of big blocks, with their cooling and oiling differences, one piece rear main seal. As built, there is nothing hi-performance about it. Heads are small port truck

SyTy Speed Shop

Dry Dock said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:

It is a factory, heavy truck motor. Cast iron crank. Strictly a low rpm workhorse. It is based in the latest series of big blocks, with their cooling and oiling differences, one piece rear main seal. As built, there is nothing hi-performance about it. Heads are small port truck

Well they are pretty common place on alot of the newer high end speed boats with single and dual 496's, sometimes blown.  They have alt of potential but not alot of aftermarket support that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

Has anyone seen a Tahiti that wasn't a jet?  Came across this on CL and it looks like a jet hull but with a SBC 350 and what looks like a Mercruiser outdrive, says motor and interior needs work but doesn't look to bad and asking 1500.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5807462287.html