2013 Tawakoni Hot Boat Regatta July 26th-28th

blazeracer

jimsplace said:
blazeracer said:
That's why I'm going 5th wheel brother. Unhook the RV and have the truck the put the boat in.

And the boat is hooked where, getting it there?
    :smile16:

Tandem tow...... Like this.

33188d1256427164-pulling-5th-wheel-boat-100_0313.jpg

Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas all have a 65" limit for tandem tow. Measured my F250 and Glastron and I have space for a 28' 5th wheel camper to keep it legal, which is pretty much on par for most jet boats. Heard some guys will push the limit and go for a 30 footer.

Knotty Girl

This time I want to go ahead and order smooth water for this event.  I am bringing the Hydro and that is a must for me.  Oh and do not get in front of me I do not stop so well. :smile16:

jimsplace

Knotty said:
This time I want to go ahead and order smooth water for this event.  I am bringing the Hydro and that is a must for me.  Oh and do not get in front of me I do not stop so well. :smile16:

Nest time turn the other way.
    :smile17:

jimsplace

blazeracer said:
jimsplace said:
blazeracer said:
That's why I'm going 5th wheel brother. Unhook the RV and have the truck the put the boat in.

Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas all have a 65" limit for tandem tow. Measured my F250 and Glastron and I have space for a 28' 5th wheel camper to keep it legal, which is pretty much on par for most jet boats. Heard some guys will push the limit and go for a 30 footer.

How much does the entire rig weigh.
I know that if the truck is set up for pulling, it can be done, but are most trucks set up to do it?
I assume you don't plan to imgdo much backing up with tandem trailers.
      :smile13:

blazeracer

jimsplace said:
How much does the entire rig weigh.
I know that if the truck is set up for pulling, it can be done, but are most trucks set up to do it?
I assume you don't plan to imgdo much backing up with tandem trailers.
      :smile13:

Should use a 3/4 ton truck or better. My truck (F250 Super Duty) is set up with a gooseneck frame hitch under the bed, chain hooks and an 8 pin electrical connector in the bed. Most 28 footers will come in under 8,000 lbs loaded, GTG there. Plus I got the awesome Ford Powerstroke 7.3 turbo diesel with HUGE brakes so it will pull and stop just fine. Backing up is always a NO-GO with a tandem trailer. Gotta unhook the boat to back up, period. Just keep that in mind when pulling into gas stations and what not and you should be good. The only time you should need to back it up is when parking the camper, so the boat should be off by then anyhow.

New 5th wheel campers over 8,000 lbs require a 5th wheel connection, not a gooseneck, for warranty on the trailer frame. This get's around that and is what I plan on running.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Coupler/Draw-Tite/9480.html

It drops into the gooseneck hole in the bed of the truck, then can easily be removed when not in use and does NOT void and trailer warranties.

blazeracer said:
jimsplace said:
blazeracer said:

IT WORKS GREAT! 5TH WHEEL/ BRAKES, WEIGHT, NO PROBLEM. I deal with weight and length everyday. Just pay attention.

3boatpaul

Knotty said:
3boatpaul said:
will bein cabin # 8. rolling in on thursday.      :smile17:

I think we are in 9
    KOOL------- fire these puppie's up and make some noise.  OBTY will bring the e-brake for the back of the boat in case you want to use it.  LOL  :smile16:

WAFOBABY

Knotty I hope we have good water as well the lake right now is down about 4 ft  but thats good in one way not so good in other way.  Good cause gives us a nice sandy beach all the way down like first year not so good cause will be close call on useing boat ramp and 429 marina.  But we can always use the other one like first year.  But we still have time

73 Sanger Flat

Nitro Neil said:
blazeracer said:
jimsplace said:
blazeracer said:

IT WORKS GREAT! 5TH WHEEL/ BRAKES, WEIGHT, NO PROBLEM. I deal with weight and length everyday. Just pay attention.

That is what I am getting ready to do .. Mine will be just over the lenght limit .. Oh well . Catch me if you can ..  1996 Ford  1 ton . 30.5 trailer and boat  came in about 67 feet

JPT

Didn't get to make it the last two years but I'll be there this year.  Already scheduled vacation and reserved a cabin at Sunset. See ya there.

WAFOBABY

Just a little up date 429 called me said they have total 5 cabin 3 of them being brand new ones they built.  I know its still month or so out and broken bow is coming up but just wanted to let everyone know in case someone was interested in getting one.  I'm not sure what sunset has I will find out Monday.  Thxs