new project runner bottom

veestyle

Hey Knotty, what does runner bottom mean? i saw a boat on ebay that was described as a 5/8 runner bottom. school me please. thanks.

Knotty Girl

veestyle said:
Hey Knotty, what does runner bottom mean? i saw a boat on ebay that was described as a 5/8 runner bottom. school me please. thanks.

One of those flatty guys can answer this better than me.  Randall, Tim, or Jim jump in here.  Runner bottom is not a true flat, there is a small amount of V to the hull.  I do not know the degree

KONA77

veestyle said:

the 5/8 means that's the depth or recess of the tunnel that the bottom is designed with.  that's all i know

trying to finish by 19th got alot still to do, last night got the bilge pump all mounted, and wired, got fuel line to fuel tank ran and tightened, installed two bigger dumps one for bilge and one for overboard water, ran over board line,started mocking up alternator, got all my other wires figuired out just gotta route them and hook up to tach, msd bow and solenoid. only electric gauge is tach, mechanical oil ,water,and fuel pressure  done.  i am starting from the back and working forward. alot of stuff to rig these old boats., i gotta make some covers for the fuel fills also, seeing how i removed the saddle tanks.

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
i gotta make some covers for the fuel fills also, seeing how i removed the saddle tanks.
In a pinch you could put back the old fills until you come up with something better.