new project runner bottom

yep tank looks better, so does rear plate, i transfered the bolt pattern from the water bolt holes to the bottom holes like normal, now i gotta figuire out what side to mount the alternator, and mount it then i will take the plate to local fab shop and have a new plate made, there is a big cut out on one side that i really dont like., does anyone know if you can mount the alternator backwards to the engine,off the rail kit? will the alternator work? will it charge or not? i would swear i saw one like that before,but then again i am old.

beaverfab

You can mount the alternator eather way and it will work, with a blower I would wait and mount it after all parts were in place  and then see which was west best. Looks good I would sand the floors and see what is under the paint, then I would flow coat them is possable it will look better and sell for more money when you get rid of it.

beaverfab said:
You can mount the alternator eather way and it will work, with a blower I would wate and mount it after all parts were in place  and then see which was west best. j.j.
thanks jj we will get up with ya in january, to get ya to go thru the casale. i will wait, sometime this week i plan on pulling the blower motor out of the tx-19 and test fitting it in the vdrive i will set the alternator then.

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
beaverfab said:
You can mount the alternator eather way and it will work, with a blower I would wate and mount it after all parts were in place  and then see which was west best. j.j.
thanks jj we will get up with ya in january, to get ya to go thru the casale. i will wait, sometime this week i plan on pulling the blower motor out of the tx-19 and test fitting it in the vdrive i will set the alternator then.
Randall, JJ is right the Alternator doesn't care which way it spins it will still produce the same juice.  BTW looking great and not sure what timing cover and water pump you had looks like it would have worked but what you have done looks just as good.  Looking at that last pick of the cav plate it does kinda look like tims Kurtis can't tell witht he fuxxy pictures though.  I am gonna send you a tripod so you can take clearer pictures.

SimplyOrange

the alterntor will charge but itll run warmer with the fins spinning backwards, you can buy reverse finned pulleys tho.

head shop called said my 781's are done, great now i can finish putting the 468 together for the runnerbottom jump.gif, only got 1000.00 in these steel gm heads, been in two different shops, first shop cost me  650.00 plus a forged dome piston, should have the motor together this weekend, so i can make the show and shine at the winternats.

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
head shop called said my 781's are done, great now i can finish putting the 468 together for the runnerbottom jump.gif , only got 1000.00 in these steel gm heads, been in two different shops, first shop cost me  650.00 plus a forged dome piston, should have the motor together this weekend, so i can make the show and shine at the winternats.
Randall you make quick work of these projects  good luck with it.

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
bring me your project i will put it tpgether
But then were is my pride in doing it myself.  Don't get me wrong will gladly take a hand if someone wants to come help on it but I do know what I want to do with it and like doing things myself  it will get done just need to find some more time in the day.  Well time when I am not working on everyone elses junk.

I do envy the time some of you have. 

i totally understand, i aint that close on mine, i still got a lot of work, wiring, plumbing ,heads, intake, fuel system, gotta get new numbers for the tx numbers,hell then i gotta put it in and see if there are any leaks, before it gets driven, still gotta install bilge pump. long ways to go

jimsplace

soldier of fortune said:
i totally understand, i aint that close on mine, i still got a lot of work, wiring, plumbing ,heads, intake, fuel system, gotta get new numbers for the tx numbers,hell then i gotta put it in and see if there are any leaks, before it gets driven, still gotta install bilge pump. long ways to go

I think you've got a winner going there.

In response to completing the boat, look at it this way, I's like working at the Post Office.
You go to work sorting letters in the morning from a large cart of mail.
At the end of the day you turn around, and there is still a full cart of mail waiting to be sorted.
  :smile17: 

ChryslerJet

jimsplace said:
soldier of fortune said:

I think you've got a winner going there.

In response to completing the boat, look at it this way, I's like working at the Post Office.
You go to work sorting letters in the morning from a large cart of mail.
At the end of the day you turn around, and there is still a full cart of mail waiting to be sorted.
Are we ever done with any of our projects except maybe once they are sold and even then are they done when they are sold?

jimsplace

My Cole has been a work in process for 13 or 14 years and I am still making adjustments and changes.

Carnivalride

jimsplace said:
My Cole has been a work in process for 13 or 14 years and I am still making adjustments and changes.

I have you beat i've been working on mine since April of 92  crazy.gif

couple pics from today almost got it together. still gotta wire it, fuel lines to pump and tank, water lines to water pump and overboard and bilge pump. oh and some trailer work.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 76