Work Continues On The Glastron

blazeracer

Sharkbit said:
I went and looked at that boat. That sucker has potential. All original (except interior) and all there.

The guy emailed me a couple of weeks ago. He said he'll take $1,500 to get rid of it. Don't know what the motor issue is, but if it's a 460 shouldn't be too hard fix. I have a set of 460 iron heads here. 460 blocks are a dime a dozen and unlike other Ford motors, all the same until they went EFI so there's a gazillion of them out there.

Do you know what's wrong wtih the motor Chad?

Last Mohecian

Administrator
blazeracer said:
Sharkbit said:
I went and looked at that boat. That sucker has potential. All original (except interior) and all there.

The guy emailed me a couple of weeks ago. He said he'll take $1,500 to get rid of it. Don't know what the motor issue is, but if it's a 460 shouldn't be too hard fix. I have a set of 460 iron heads here. 460 blocks are a dime a dozen and unlike other Ford motors, all the same until they went EFI so there's a gazillion of them out there.

Do you know what's wrong wtih the motor Chad?

I think Chad's buddy offered him 2K cash and he turned it down just last weekend.  Odd

blazeracer

Last Mohican said:
I think Chad's buddy offered him 2K cash and he turned it down just last weekend.  Odd

Could have been a different Glastron I was thinking of too. There was one in Irving for sale recently also. I deleted the emails.

hillbilly68

blazeracer said:
Can you see the hook by eye looking down it?

This should get rid of your hook..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/2183100762.html

james take a square (straight edge) and just lay it on the back of the boat, you'll be able to tell if theres a hook, i dont think you'll be able to see it just by eyeballing it

Last Mohecian

Administrator
hillbilly68 said:
blazeracer said:
Can you see the hook by eye looking down it?

This should get rid of your hook..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/2183100762.html

james take a square (straight edge) and just lay it on the back of the boat, you'll be able to tell if theres a hook, i dont think you'll be able to see it just by eyeballing it

I believe you are only really concerned with the last 3 or 4 feet of the boat and most importantly the last foot or so.  Basically what is in the water at speed.

blazeracer

I used a 12 foot long straight edge and it looks pretty damn good. The way the Glastron pump entrance is I think there is no issue. Check out these pics, it's like there is a hood scoop underwater.

Checked in front of the intake slope with a 2 foot aluminum level, it's spot on.

I've read, don't know how true it is, that because Glastron did the intake like this an aftermarket loader won't fit. The angle is wrong. Not your typical E-pump.

Attachments

• intake1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 262
  • intake2.jpg
    intake2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 226
  • intake3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 248
  • intake4.jpg
    intake4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 277

hillbilly68

blazeracer said:
I used a 12 foot long straight edge and it looks pretty damn good. The way the Glastron pump entrance is I think there is no issue. Check out these pics, it's like there is a hood scoop underwater.

Checked in front of the intake slope with a 2 foot aluminum level, it's spot on.

I've read, don't know how true it is, that because Glastron did the intake like this an aftermarket loader won't fit. The angle is wrong. Not your typical E-pump.

james its like matt said its only the last foot that will have a hook, actually last few inches, it only takes a 1/4 inch to knock a few mph off, thats why i said get a square and hang it on the back and see if you han see any daylight under it.........

Crusader

Hooks are obvious to the eye. I can see the hook on my Whaler and Crusader. With the pei e of wood James used, it appears there is no hook in his hull.

blazeracer

Googling around with Iboats and others it would appear the common consensus is  1/8" tolerance within the last 18 inches of hull is acceptable. Some of the guys over there are talking about having gaps 3/4 inches. I might be able to get a .030 feeler gauge in there...

It's now wet sanded and ready for spray..

hillbilly68

blazeracer said:
Googling around with Iboats and others it would appear the common consensus is  1/8" tolerance within the last 18 inches of hull is acceptable. Some of the guys over there are talking about having gaps 3/4 inches. I might be able to get a .030 feeler gauge in there...

It's now wet sanded and ready for spray..

i wished you'd get off the internet and hurry up and finish it so you can start on mine.............. :smile17:

blazeracer

You haven't seen how well I paint yet. You may want to leave it the way it is...  And well may not be the correct choice of words for my painting abilities. LOL

We'll see.

blazeracer

Hated to do it to that pretty droop, but my pump assembly was consisting of a black suction piece, green split bowl, polished droop snoot and a white diverter. They are all fixin to be white.

Before ya'll chime in, I know it's upside down.. just for painting.

Attachments

• pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 271
  • pump3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 277

blazeracer

Crusader said:
Very cool. When are you going to installed your underwater LEDs???

Let's see...

Paint, motor, floor, carpet, interior, stereo system, dash board......

After all that, then underwater LED's.

The wind is not cooperating today. It's all masked off and ready to go. I've tacked it three times now and the wind picks up as soon as I get done.

Here's the "VooDoo" woman in all her glory waiting for her new bottom paint. I think I'm gonna write off today and get some fridges working. Maybe the wind will die down later, around 6 or so. It won't take but 20 minutes to shoot a coat.

Attachments

• bottom8.jpg
    bottom8.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 276

Crusader

The Weather channel says the wind is not going to fall below 11mph until after midnight tonight.

Looks like you're gonna have to paint early tomorrow morning.

blazeracer

I was thinking Monday may be the next calm day to get it done. Ehh, tomorrow morning looks like it might work.

I'll post pics when it happens.

blazeracer

This morning was a nightmare in progress...

Came in and got the compressor fired up and tacked down the boat again, and the wind picked up again but not nearly as strong as yesterday. I went to adjust the regulator on my compresser, which hasn't been moved in two years, and it broke off! I got it to go back on and flow air with some redneck engineering, but it's only on full blast. Went to Home Depot and got a regulater and put qucik connectors on it.... back in business. By then the wind died down a little so shot the first coat. I think I thinned it a tad too much because the the paint looked like it was in a marathon running all over the place. To my amazement, this marine paint laid out just fine. Only a couple of runs will have to sanded out.