Winter Nats 2014 Roll call!

Knotty Girl

Crusader said:
If Tawakoni is any indication on how we operate as a group, I don't think we will have any problems. Of course, at the Twak event there aren't as many South fellers there as there will be at the WN....so who knows. Lol...

Cliff I am not trying to stir up trouble or bust anyone's chops the guys that put on Tawakoni are top notch folks and I will continue to support their event.  They hold a drivers meeting everyone agrees then go out  and 25% of the drivers start a cluster. You have some idiot pulling their kids around on a tube while people are lining up to run. Boats all around the course going ever witch way. Boats coming back towards you when you are trying to make a pass. I got swamped by some dude when I lined up, I was waving him off and he just looked at me like duh.  There was many unsafe situations in my opinion for high speed passes and a lack of respect from the spectators. I realize it was not the event holders fault or 75% of the test and tuners, it is more the lookie lookers.  You will see a big difference at WN. Again I am not posting this to upset anyone just making an observation. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's the nice thing about WN, is it is on a river. It's a little easier for traffic control. But I have seen the idiots at the WN too. Like the guy cruising the bank with the 2 ft tall wake behind him. It happens everywhere! :smile30:

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:
That's the nice thing about WN, is it is on a river. It's a little easier for traffic control. But I have seen the idiots at the WN too. Like the guy cruising the bank with the 2 ft tall wake behind him. It happens everywhere! :smile30:

You are correct.

WFO

Knotty said:
Patchman said:

You are correct.

Yep same thing at Plowmans a couple years ago. That's why I never lined up to race anyone. Boats going both ways and such. But you gotta expect that kinda stuff at any non-sanctioned event.

Crusader

It's cool Henry, I understand and I get your point...i think the point I was trying to unsuccessfully make is about personal behavior...getting drunk, fighting and doing stupid things. I didn't even think about the jackwad tube puller etc.

Knotty Girl

Crusader said:
It's cool Henry, I understand and I get your point...i think the point I was trying to unsuccessfully make is about personal behavior...getting drunk, fighting and doing stupid things. I didn't even think about the jackwad tube puller etc.

I hear ya forgot about all the happenings at the shore at night.  We just kinda stayed in a little group listened to the band (watched the ladies) and had a blast. Tim helped that little deal out with the Moon-shine.  :smile16:

Crusader

Knotty said:
Crusader said:

I hear ya forgot about all the happenings at the shore at night.  We just kinda stayed in a little group listened to the band (watched the ladies) and had a blast. Tim helped that little deal out with the Moon-shine.  :smile16:

I must have been cooped up with my old (young) lady somewhere....and missed all the commotion.

Knotty Girl

Crusader said:
Knotty said:
Crusader said:

I must have been cooped up with my old (young) lady somewhere....and missed all the commotion.

I think the trouble makers were some of the locals a couple of years ago.  Boat people were cool.

Devilman

Just out of curiosity, when there are people pulling these bonehead maneuvers ya'll speak of, does anyone ever attempt to speak to these folks & make them aware of what they are doing. In this day & age, seems 90% of people are just plain clueless or wrapped up in their own world. They probably don't even realize how they are fukking things up for the people around them.

Then there is always a percentage of folks that do know their dipshit behavior is a problem & unwanted, but don't care & do it anyway. :tongue:

Crusader

A guy named Gaston can vouch for that. He was running wide open on the north side of the bridge at Tawak, shooting a roost when some chick in a Bayliner knowing pulled out in front of him and he ran into her and totaled her boat. She admitted to seeing him and NOT taking evasive maneuvers to avoid a collision. She's also been known to harass jet boaters too.....crazy hoe.

Ya just can't fix or inform that kind of stupid...Murphies law has to weed those ignots out...lol. Hopefully when Murphs law kicks in, innocent people aren't effected by it too.

KONA77

discussions like this is good,  we have a lot of guess look in here,  so maybe it will give them something to think about.....  maybe

Becket

Help me out, Whats the Difference in a Sanctioned race and a Non sanctioned race?

I have an Idea but some areas are still fuzzy.

For instance, this is a Public water way correct?

Devilman

Gas-Hole said:
Help me out, Whats the Difference in a Sanctioned race and a Non sanctioned race?

oh you done stepped in it now... :grin:

Devilman

KONA said:
discussions like this is good,  we have a lot of guess look in here,  so maybe it will give them something to think about.....  maybe
Most certainly. One example was some dude cutting donuts on a sea-doo right off shore & pretty close to where several boats where tied & beached. Cannot believe he couldn't see that all his spinning around had the boats bouncing around & off each other. Guess he was too wrapped up in his "HEY LOOK AT ME" moment showing his friends how cool he was to notice.  :cheesy: But, when it was mentioned to them,  he quit & went off somewhere else. He wasn't doing it to be an ass, he just didn't have a clue. Problem was solved, everybody is happy.  :smile17:

Becket

Devilman said:
Gas-Hole said:

oh you done stepped in it now... :grin:
I'll Scrape it off my Boot D-Man, ALL I am getting at is that there WILL be some People that show up that had no plans to be in a Race nor were they aware that one was being held in there favorite fishing hole, I think, as you spoke of earlier, that once these folks are brought up to speed, that for the most part they will behave, BUT! I am also certain that there will be one or two that will not be so like minded and cause a problem out of spite or Ignorance, that is the main reason I ask the Question, I will assume that a non sanctioned Race is one were you just hope the Po Po dont show up, Sanctioned Race means the Po Po is already there and part of the festivities.

Devilman

Gas-Hole said:
I'll Scrape it off my Boot D-Man, ALL I am getting at is that there WILL be some People that show up that had no plans to be in a Race nor were they aware that one was being held in there favorite fishing hole, I think, as you spoke of earlier, that once these folks are brought up to speed, that for the most part they will behave, BUT! I am also certain that there will be one or two that will not be so like minded and cause a problem out of spite or Ignorance, that is the main reason I ask the Question, I will assume that a non sanctioned Race is one were you just hope the Po Po dont show up, Sanctioned Race means the Po Po is already there and part of the festivities.

More or less. I do know they make a point of calling it a test session, or test & tune, not a race. Helps keep things calm I imagine. I dunno, I was just commenting on that one aspect of it & can't comment on the event itself as I've never went to it. Lotta good people will be there though & the people that have been & do go will give ya the info you need. :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good time, and the new location sounds like the best place for the event to happen! :smile16: