WHO ALL CAN MAKE IT LAKE TAWAKONI SUNDAY JULY 17th

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Crusader said:
The ramp we used at Broken bow was more steep thank the "scary" ramp.

Where's the ramp you're talking about??

The ramp at BB was corrugated not flat concrete.  Not sure where the 429 marina is. Jasson said it was just around the corner.  I'm not really all that worried about it.  I'll find a ramp that is safe and use it.

Sharkbit

Last Mohican said:
Crusader said:

The ramp at BB was corrugated not flat concrete.  Not sure where the 429 marina is. Jasson said it was just around the corner.  I'm not really all that worried about it.  I'll find a ramp that is safe and use it.

once you figure it out, let me know.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Sharkbit said:
Last Mohican said:
Crusader said:

I bet you do want to know with your day cruiser and FWD crossover.  LOL.

blazeracer

I'm pretty sure that ramp I used at Tawakoni was corrugated too. I believe every truck that went into the water on that ramp was left in neutral or put in reverse. Doesn't matter what ramp you're on when that happens, you're truck's going in the lake. No one was spinning their tires forward and sliding backwards. I think my Tahoe was 4 days old when I used that ramp last.

But that ramp does have limited parking, so if the lots full I'll be going down the road a little farther if I go at all. My steering is still jacked and haven't had a chance to work on it. Too damn hot out. The cable's installed but no mounted.

Sharkbit

Last Mohican said:
Sharkbit said:
Last Mohican said:
Crusader said:

I bet you do want to know with your day cruiser and FWD crossover.  LOL.

Hard to beat free ;)  Marinadelray looks close to the coves.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Sharkbit said:

I called Marina Del Ray.  We can launch there for $6.  There is not much parking by the ramp but we can park by the store.  He said it is not that far to walk from the store to the boat ramp.  :dunno:

Gold Member

Last Mohican said:
Sharkbit said:

I called Marina Del Ray.  We can launch there for $6.  There is not much parking by the ramp but we can park by the store.  He said it is not that far to walk from the store to the boat ramp.  :dunno:
its not a bad walk at all. I didnt know they would let people use that ramp. Nice to know.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I called 429 Marina too.  They said $5 to launch and plenty of parking.  Bobby, do you know which one has the better ramp and parking?  The guy at Marina Del Ray said he'd be happy to have us.

Crusader

Does Marina del ray sell beer?? I just tried to buy some and they don't sell it until noon. Forgot about Texas' Blue law. Lol

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Had fun today.  It was good to see some familiar faces along with a couple new ones.  My diverter stuck in the down position when we left.  It's in the hydraulics.  Maybe a stuck solenoid.  Then when we got back to the ramp one of my trailer bunks fell off.  All and all a great day at the lake though.

Matt

overbored

Had a blast back on some old home turf more or less. Got to introduce an old friend to the hotboating crowd and I may be getting over my nervous tendencys when somebody points out that the authorities just arrived. The Collin County sherrif yesterday and the Game Wardens today. I think these guys may have finally figured out that we are a responsible group as a general rule. There was that split second Matt got to hear me test my rev limiter. Good times for sure. :smile17:   

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Motor Head said:
Great turnout! I had good time visiting with everyone! Matt the Pontiac sounded and looked good making a pass! clap.gif

Thanks Bobby.  So did your ride.  You made a ton of progress since last summer.  It looks and sounds so much better.  bling.gif

blazeracer

Thanks for the invite to your lake Jason and Bobby. That is an awesome cove for hauling ass. Great turn out also. I wish I would have brought the video camera.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Diverter is fixed.  It was either a bad connection in the harness or one of the solenoid grounds.  I cleaned the connector and reseated all the solenoids and all is good.

xlr8

had a very good time.good to be back at tawakoni a lot of memories there with my dad.thought the game warden
was going to  get me.