V DRIVE PICKS

jimsplace

I don't worry about any of it , much.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Knotty said:
I am not worried about turning grey, I am worried about turning loose.  think.gif
That was close, I thought I read gay at first! crazy.gif :smile20:

73 Sanger Flat

Loren - I wish you would clean that boat a little before you take pictures ,, LOL .. Dam that is a clean set up ..  :smile28:

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Loren - I wish you would clean that boat a little before you take pictures ,, LOL .. Dam that is a clean set up ..  :smile28:
Thanks Billy, I'll try and keep it washed up better this year. lol

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's cool to see someone keep the same boat for years, and still enjoy it just as much as when they bought it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Dry Dock

Some of  us keep same boats for awhile.  I picked up Sides in Jan  1980 and  it  is still in my possession today. Purchased stage II rigging.  Took Jerry engine, he mounted and I took back to West TX. and finished fuel lines, gas tanks etc.  Once running brought it to FTW and Also first time I met E.O.  We took it to Marine Creek and finished tweaking the set up. It is sitting now with new 572 in it and just need to finish rigging it up.  Hope to have in water this summer.  I still have pics taken at the boat shop when the motor was being mounted and seat brackets being fitted to my height.

Also on the hair turning issue.  I have passed the 2Nd turning.... (gray).  I am into the third turning WHITE......... only one more turn... loose......

Here is shot from summer of 1982 taken Lake Fort Phantom Abilene, TX.

Carnivalride

Patchman said:
It's cool to see someone keep the same boat for years, and still enjoy it just as much as when they bought it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Thanks, it's a 1978 Hondo XH511T that followed me home in pieces in April of 92. I built a motor and got it together for that summer and have been tweaking on it every since. However after the 99 race season the bottom contour was changed and hardware was relocated and it was 75% rerigged. Not to mention capping the seam and paint.

Dry Dock said:
Some of  us keep same boats for awhile.  I picked up Sides in Jan  1980 and  it  is still in my possession today. Purchased stage II rigging.  Took Jerry engine, he mounted and I took back to West TX. and finished fuel lines, gas tanks etc.  Once running brought it to FTW and Also first time I met E.O.  We took it to Marine Creek and finished tweaking the set up. It is sitting now with new 572 in it and just need to finish rigging it up.  Hope to have in water this summer.  I still have pics taken at the boat shop when the motor was being mounted and seat brackets being fitted to my height.

Also on the hair turning issue.  I have passed the 2Nd turning.... (gray).  I am into the third turning WHITE......... only one more turn... loose......

Here is shot from summer of 1982 taken Lake Fort Phantom Abilene, TX.
So is that a "Sideskraft" then? A friend on mine just bought one. I guess you took the award so far having it from 1980 until present.  clap.gif

So how about some details on the 572 and some more pictures please?  :smile17: