V DRIVE PICKS

Disturbed

I came close to buying this boat.  It was for sale in Oregon (I think) a few years ago.  It was just a little out of my price range and it was WAY too far away.

pro53

I want to paint mine something like this  :grin:

Attachments

• DSC00874.jpg
    DSC00874.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 52

jimsplace

Dry Dock said:
Some of  us keep same boats for awhile.  I picked up Sides in Jan  1980 and  it  is still in my possession today. Purchased stage II rigging.  Took Jerry engine, he mounted and I took back to West TX. and finished fuel lines, gas tanks etc.  Once running brought it to FTW and Also first time I met E.O.  We took it to Marine Creek and finished tweaking the set up. It is sitting now with new 572 in it and just need to finish rigging it up.  Hope to have in water this summer.  I still have pics taken at the boat shop when the motor was being mounted and seat brackets being fitted to my height.

Also on the hair turning issue.  I have passed the 2Nd turning.... (gray).  I am into the third turning WHITE......... only one more turn... loose......

Here is shot from summer of 1982 taken Lake Fort Phantom Abilene, TX.

This boat is as nice as you'll ever find. 
It looks like it never leaves the garage.
    :smile17:

Dry Dock

Carnivalride said:
Patchman said:
It's cool to see someone keep the same boat for years, and still enjoy it just as much as when they bought it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Thanks, it's a 1978 Hondo XH511T that followed me home in pieces in April of 92. I built a motor and got it together for that summer and have been tweaking on it every since. However after the 99 race season the bottom contour was changed and hardware was relocated and it was 75% rerigged. Not to mention capping the seam and paint.

Dry Dock said:
Some of  us keep same boats for awhile.  I picked up Sides in Jan  1980 and  it  is still in my possession today. Purchased stage II rigging.  Took Jerry engine, he mounted and I took back to West TX. and finished fuel lines, gas tanks etc.  Once running brought it to FTW and Also first time I met E.O.  We took it to Marine Creek and finished tweaking the set up. It is sitting now with new 572 in it and just need to finish rigging it up.  Hope to have in water this summer.  I still have pics taken at the boat shop when the motor was being mounted and seat brackets being fitted to my height.

Also on the hair turning issue.  I have passed the 2Nd turning.... (gray).  I am into the third turning WHITE......... only one more turn... loose......

So is that a "Sideskraft" then? A friend on mine just bought one. I guess you took the award so far having it from 1980 until present.  clap.gif

So how about some details on the 572 and some more pictures please?  :smile17:

Yes, Sideskraft..... #1 build for 1980.  Friend also bought #2 it was a turd brown color.

I think he will be happy with way it handles.  The black boat is 480lb hull would have been lighter but for lake had Jerry put in some extra bracing.
the 572 is a blower motor, but from car racing days I do not like to make massive H.P. jumps. I like to step up little by little. so taking it from the 454 which made 625 to the 572 with dual dominators.  Not been across dyno yet but should make 800 or little more with carbs and tunnel ram. Once I feel boat can handle extra H.P. will slide blower on it.

here are couple shots of engine on stand.  Engine is in boat just need to finish fuel system and carb linkage and hook up driveline.

jimsplace

Dry Dock said:
Carnivalride said:
Patchman said:
It's cool to see someone keep the same boat for years, and still enjoy it just as much as when they bought it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Thanks, it's a 1978 Hondo XH511T that followed me home in pieces in April of 92. I built a motor and got it together for that summer and have been tweaking on it every since. However after the 99 race season the bottom contour was changed and hardware was relocated and it was 75% rerigged. Not to mention capping the seam and paint.

Dry Dock said:

So is that a "Sideskraft" then? A friend on mine just bought one. I guess you took the award so far having it from 1980 until present.  clap.gif

So how about some details on the 572 and some more pictures please?  :smile17:

Yes, Sideskraft..... #1 build for 1980.  Friend also bought #2 it was a turd brown color.

I think he will be happy with way it handles.  The black boat is 480lb hull would have been lighter but for lake had Jerry put in some extra bracing.
the 572 is a blower motor, but from car racing days I do not like to make massive H.P. jumps. I like to step up little by little. so taking it from the 454 which made 625 to the 572 with dual dominators.  Not been across dyno yet but should make 800 or little more with carbs and tunnel ram. Once I feel boat can handle extra H.P. will slide blower on it.

here are couple shots of engine on stand.  Engine is in boat just need to finish fuel system and carb linkage and hook up driveline.

WOW!
I had to put my sunglasses on just looking at the computer.
    :smile17:

Carnivalride

Dry Dock said:
Jim, just my Southern California upbringing. 

If it don't go chrome it or polish it!

so just in case???
Hey don't tell everybody all that polished stuff on my boat is just to cover the fact that it's a slug. :smile26: :smile25:

jimsplace

Carnivalride said:
Dry Dock said:
Jim, just my Southern California upbringing. 

If it don't go chrome it or polish it!

so just in case???
Hey don't tell everybody all that polished stuff on my boat is just to cover the fact that it's a slug. :smile26: :smile25:

OK, I won't tell.  bling.gif

jimsplace

[quote author=Carnivalride

[/quote]Hey don't tell everybody all that polished stuff on my boat is just to cover the fact that it's a slug. :smile26: :smile25:
[/quote]

I don't know how to say this nicely, but the OKLAHOMA boys already know how you run and they are still trying to figure out what they can do.
It's been a miserable winter for them already and they've spent most of their money already, and you're still faster.
The cat's already out of the bag.
    jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Carnivalride

jimsplace said:
[/quote]

I don't know how to say this nicely, but the OKLAHOMA boys already know how you run and they are still trying to figure out what they can do.
It's been a miserable winter for them already and they've spent most of their money already, and you're still faster.
[/quote]
I heard they were watching that street outlaw show learning how to make their boats fast as hell so they could drag ass at El Reno next year.  :smile26: :smile16:

jimsplace

Carnivalride said:
jimsplace said:

[/quote]
I heard they were watching that street outlaw show learning how to make their boats fast as hell so they could drag A$$ at El Reno next year.  :smile26: :smile16:
[/quote]

That show out of OK City?
Hey, Don't knock it, I like that show, it's entertainment.

On a serious note, have you ever listened to how much money they put in their motors?
It's way more than I have in mine.
One thing I've noticed is there is almost never a car that has a roots blower.