Ryans 1977 Taylor SS complete resto

customtouch

Longstr said:
FL350 said:
Longstr said:
More work on the rubrail filled in all the holes with peanutbutter today, was a teadeous process fighting gravity to keep it in the holes.. I am not 100 percent happy with the outcome, it didn't bond all the way thru on the majority of the holes. So I am going to add a bead of peanutbutter on the inside to ensure 100% bond, then fill from the inside. Had no idea this part would be so time consuming was really expecting it to be upside down by this evening.  :smile15:

Did you mix some Cabosil with the resin?

Yes I did thickened it to a paste

I like to cut up fiberglass matt really fine and add that to the paste while mixing. You can make it similar to "kitty hair" in consistency but it will be a lot stronger with better adhesion. It will help when your filling holes and especially when fighting gravity like you are.  :smile30:

Longstr

Filled and cured, I just went back over them about every 10 min for a couple hours until the hardner started to do its thing

jimsplace

Longstr said:
Filled and cured, I just went back over them about every 10 min for a couple hours until the hardner started to do its thing

The more you do, the more comfortable you'll become doing it.
Preparation is everything.
It isn't difficult, usually.

I've been using West Systems epoxy for years, and they have tons and tons of instructions and how to videos if your interested.

It seems as though you've done a little research yourself. clap.gif

Longstr

jimsplace said:
Longstr said:

I've been using West Systems epoxy for years, and they have tons and tons of instructions and how to videos if your interested.

Yes, I feel like I had mastered the glass work thus far, 300 holes pissed me off tho, I mixed it thick as playdo, adding fumed silica, chop strand 1/4 in and was certain it would be like spreading body filler, I was wrong, should have added more fumed silica. Oh well it's over now. On to the flip when I can round up several guys to help

jimsplace

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I feel like I had mastered the glass work thus far, 300 holes pissed me off tho, I mixed it thick as playdo, adding fumed silica, chop strand 1/4 in and was certain it would be like spreading body filler, I was wrong, should have added more fumed silica. Oh well it's over now. On to the flip when I can round up several guys to help
[/quote]

See what you learned.  Next time you'll know to add more or a different filler. LOL

Flipping it will be fun. 
The first one is the most fun. LOL

The important thing is you're making progress. 
That's good. clap.gif

Longstr

More body work in progress, fresh wood on back side I figured now I have a chance to mount Gauges any what I want

Longstr

Transom holes blower, fuel fills, water outlets getting filled in so I can use better looking aftermarket hardware

Longstr

Still working on finishing up the top deck, not much to show but a bunch of sanding.. I did how ever finalize my color scheme today

Longstr

Here is something you could all give me some input on, the bow has me confused, the last 3-4 feet appear to have a large dip in it. I would assume the intended way would be flush straight across.. i am thinking I had better spend some time laying glass and getting this gap filled.  crazy.gif