Ryans 1977 Taylor SS complete resto

Longstr

Picked this boat from an old frind on the Taylor site for next to nothing, wife finally gave me the OK to build again. I will try to post progress, it's gonna take a while.

Chevy2184

Cool looking float!! Looks like you are making some good process! Keep up the work! Spring is right around the corner! Lol

Carnivalride

Congrats and thanks for starting a build thread. It looks like you're well on your way to the point of no return.lol  clap.gif

TexasJet

clap.gif Cool!!! Looks like we will have a thread to follow this winter as you rebuild. We like pictures. What are you planning on doing for a motor?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Longstr said:
I am planning on a 514 Ford, but that's a long thought away  crazy.gif
Yes, we have another one who gets it! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif :smile17: Thanks for the build thread! :grin:

Devilman

Welcome (back), been awhile. Man you jumped right off into it didn't you! Looking forward to following the progress. Make springtime seem that much closer. :cool:

Longstr

Devilman said:
Welcome (back), been awhile. Man you jumped right off into it didn't you! Looking forward to following the progress. Make springtime seem that much closer. :cool:

Yeah 6 years have passed since I sold the TX 19, for years I have been hounding my wife for another jet, she kept saying they arnt kid friendly, too loud, too dangerous... Well she gave in under certain TERMS:
Must have a windshield (check)
Must have a sundeck (check)
Must NOT have exposed headers (check)

So instead of buying one done I figured I better build just how I want it, since it's been 6 years and all.. u can imagine my level of excitement!

Devilman

Longstr said:
Yeah 6 years have passed since I sold the TX 19, for years I have been hounding my wife for another jet, she kept saying they arnt kid friendly, too loud, too dangerous... Well she gave in under certain TERMS:
Must have a windshield (check)
Must have a sundeck (check)
Must NOT have exposed headers (check)

So instead of buying one done I figured I better build just how I want it, since it's been 6 years and all.. u can imagine my level of excitement!

Damn, 6 years... where does the friggin time go...

Sounds like a heckuva deal. You have a good platform, that SS definitely covers those bases. Some friends of ours have one, sharp looking boats. Quite a bit of interior room too for a boat of that size. Ya I imagine you are beyond ready to get back into it if its been that long!

ChryslerJet

get some exterior grade plywood and laminate it together.  will be stronger than dimensional lumber especially after glassing

customtouch

Glad to see you're making some  good progress since we talked on the phone. Looking forward to following your build thread.