• 4-u can never be too safe

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 5-thats just crazy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
There is always some kind of setback. But that won't slow you down too much. Now the kids and dance, that's what can derail a boat project! Got to be a good dad first! :smile17:

Longstr

Patchman said:
There is always some kind of setback. But that won't slow you down too much. Now the kids and dance, that's what can derail a boat project! Got to be a good dad first! :smile17:

Yes sir! And my wife is 14 weeks preggers so kid #3 will be here in August that’s why I am pressing so hard it’s got to get done soon or else...

Longstr

Body work is officially done, I got all that heavy texture out of it should make for a smooth finish, time to lay mat over it and prep for paint

Attachments

• FE8E9EDF-EB4D-447E-ACE2-CDC0839CF21F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21

Longstr

How do u guys feel about mimicking the swim step braces in the front side and cut them out of wood to glue to the back side for more support? Overkill? Maybe just get some stringer washers for the bolts?

Longstr

Here is my first attempt to fix the pump housing use a 2 inch longer bolt bolts coated bolts in anti seize then threaded into the pump, fill all voids w epoxy, and the plan will be to just remove them tomorrow and sand smooth.. hope it works  :smile15:

Devilman

Longstr said:
How do u guys feel about mimicking the swim step braces in the front side and cut them out of wood to glue to the back side for more support? Overkill? Maybe just get some stringer washers for the bolts?

In my opinion the more support the better. How was it originally? Out of curiousity, how thick is the transom?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely more support. There is always that 300lbr that will want to sit on the back of your boat, and that snap crackle pop is unsettling! :smile20:

Longstr

Devilman said:
Longstr said:

In my opinion the more support the better. How was it originally? Out of curiousity, how thick is the transom?

Before was just 4 bolts thru transom washers on back sides transom is 5/8 board w fiberglass thick

Longstr

Patchman said:
Definitely more support. There is always that 300lbr that will want to sit on the back of your boat, and that snap crackle pop is unsettling! :smile20:

Kind of what I was thinking guess I will just build them won’t take long

Devilman

Longstr said:
Before was just 4 bolts thru transom washers on back sides transom is 5/8 board w fiberglass thick

I'd give it as much as I could, distribute the load over as wide an are as possible. Definitely can't hurt. Copy that on the transom. Mine is a little over 1 1/2" thick and I'd probably still want to beef it up if/when I put swimsteps on, lol.

Crusader

Longstr said:
last time, hope I have enough resin left or i will be delayed another week.

Enough resin for what?

Be sure to wipe all that down with some mineral spirits (or something else) after the resin cures, it'll blush and the paint may not adhere to the new surface. Bilge coat goes on nicely with a brush.

Longstr

Crusader said:
Longstr said:
last time, hope I have enough resin left or i will be delayed another week.

Enough resin for what?

Finishing up laying all the mat, and glassing the tanks back in. As for the paint I have obtained and epoxy primer from interlux, two part system that prevents amine blush. Then I am going to flow coat it  all  jump.gif

Longstr

Devilman said:
Looks good, like a clean slate. :smile17:

That’s the plan! This thing had so much spray spackle bed liner material in it  :smile15: created a lot of extra work but I think I got it all out!  :smile17:

Longstr

Tanks and suction housing are all that left think I will just make it w my resin supply! 1 gallon kit and 8 yards of mat

Attachments

• 75569100-4E95-488B-AB02-3DD9B42DCFAF.jpeg
    75569100-4E95-488B-AB02-3DD9B42DCFAF.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39

Longstr

Made some tank supports, tanks on their way back in

Attachments

• Rusty401.jpg
    Rusty401.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 6B429A56-CAD9-4DCB-833B-262575160226.jpeg
    6B429A56-CAD9-4DCB-833B-262575160226.jpeg