Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-u can never be too safe

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 5-thats just crazy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Longstr

DrumZilla said:
Man I'm learning alot in my boat lingo... Peanut Butter, Kitty Hair...:)  :smile16:

Kinda makes me hungry and then reminds me why I Don't own a Cat !!! :smile26:

But kidding aside .. good job.. clap.gif

think.gif I thought it was universal terminology  :smile16:

Attachments

• 01DA448E-C8E3-49A4-B530-699B51C573C1.png
    01DA448E-C8E3-49A4-B530-699B51C573C1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Drumzilla

Not to me.. I've owned 14 jet boats and one V drive but they were all turn key boats that i kept and then flipped for a profit.. so until now, peanut butter goes on my bread and kitty hair is at Patches house.. but like i said good job and thanks for educating me a little..

:smile27:

Longstr

DrumZilla said:
Not to me.. I've owned 14 jet boats and one V drive but they were all turn key boats that i kept and then flipped for a profit.. so until now, peanut butter goes on my bread and kitty hair is at Patches house.. but like i said good job and thanks for educating me a little..

:smile27:

I am just giving ya a hard time, I have been an insurance adjuster for many years you learn a thing or two being in and out of Bodyshops everyday

Longstr

DrumZilla said:
I enjoy reading all this. I learn a lot and I also learn who to ask for help... :smile27:

Anytime man happy to lend a hand, I still ask tons of questions, wait till the motor goes in I will be leaning on u guys for opinions and assistance

Longstr

Gas tanks have been soaking in:
6 gallons of vinegar
3 bottles of fabulosu
1 box of baking soda
1 bottle of dawn dish soap
Per tank
Fill rest w water for 7 days now

Flushed them this evening and they appear spotless so much crap came out w the flush. This weekends plan is to get the outside cleaned up tons of old glue and carpet on them, I will prep the hull behind the tanks and paint behind them. New sending units should be here Monday, my epoxy primer is also arriving Monday and prestec clear gel will arrive Wednesday. Won’t be long and we’ll turn the page on this chapter.

Drumzilla

You guys that take on these project boats are a certain breed.. And I like how you stay at it and keep a positive outlook. I'm pissed off about having to cut the foam out of the front so i can fix my front bow eye.. And it's still not finished... so hats off to ya.. and for you the train keeps on rolling...  good job...

Longstr

I had a pretty big issue w the vertical tube that the gas line goes to it was plugged up, after 3 hrs of trying anything I could I finally cut a coat hanger stuffed it in the hole and hooked my drill to it and let it eat. Grinded then all clean, masked the front side off as it will be painted in the boat w the floor, and primed them, will spray them later tonight before I shut the shop door.

Longstr

Pics

Attachments

• 2E703D99-FC73-479D-A344-A15E523291CA.jpeg
    2E703D99-FC73-479D-A344-A15E523291CA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 0EF30A7D-78DE-4A09-959A-2463E44F2712.jpeg
    0EF30A7D-78DE-4A09-959A-2463E44F2712.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 4296E062-4355-4A6A-A97B-DFD5C1F2AB23.jpeg
    4296E062-4355-4A6A-A97B-DFD5C1F2AB23.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

Longstr

Ok I lied.. painted them  :smile16: they turned out good I think

Attachments

• 81FE7A9B-541C-4EC4-AB88-EED5D778E856.jpeg
    81FE7A9B-541C-4EC4-AB88-EED5D778E856.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Whitney 4-27-2018.png
    Whitney 4-27-2018.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 32

Devilman

Ha, vinegar & baking soda was one thing I never thought of when my buddy was trying to get his tanks cleaned out. clap.gif He ended up dumping a couple gallons of ChemDip in there. After all said & done I think the insides are probably cleaner than the outsides. :grin:

Tanks look good. You are really bringing it along. :smile17: jump.gif

Longstr

yesterday I noticed an issue w my pump housing bolts, another set back, appears someone forgot the washers and overtighned them. They had glob of pic one covering them.

Attachments

• 9F320A5B-15AC-4605-AE67-FF116AE8F74D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • DSC01289.JPG
    DSC01289.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12

Longstr

Well I had a rough day shuttling kids to dance after work in between trying to install fuel sending units, which appear to be berfect fit thank you Stacey.
I cleaned up the carpet residue off the sides of the boat behind the tanks and painted behind. Really not happy w the coverage and my gun. Then I stood over it drinking a beer and thought what am I doing I am not done glassing yet?  crazy.gif it was a discombobulated day, back to the floor and pump housing tomorrow.
I just set the tank in to see how it looks nowhere close to a finished product, but I like the colors

Attachments

• 9475014E-282C-4D73-8AEE-436201BBFCD7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19

FL350

Administrator
Longstr said:
Well I had a rough day shuttling kids to dance after work in between trying to install fuel sending units, which appear to be berfect fit thank you Stacey.
I cleaned up the carpet residue off the sides of the boat behind the tanks and painted behind. Really not happy w the coverage and my gun. Then I stood over it drinking a beer and thought what am I doing I am not done glassing yet?  crazy.gif it was a discombobulated day, back to the floor and pump housing tomorrow.
I just set the tank in to see how it looks nowhere close to a finished product, but I like the colors

Your welcome bud! Glad to hear.
As the old saying goes sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. We all have those days.

Crusader

I didn’t see where that pump bolt was located. What makes your project set back because of the bolt?

With as good of a job you’re doing, I would have taken off the suction housing of your pump, and repainted it. Also since you’re already there, I’d go ahead and replace the rope seals and thrust bearing in your pump. Just easier to do without a motor installed.

Longstr

Crusader said:
I didn’t see where that pump bolt was located. What makes your project set back because of the bolt?

With as good of a job you’re doing, I would have taken off the suction housing of your pump, and repainted it. Also since you’re already there, I’d go ahead and replace the rope seals and thrust bearing in your pump. Just easier to do without a motor installed.

Its an E pump, the 6 bolts on top have all been pulled thru the fiberglass, I wil have to get longer bolts , thred them in and do fiberglass repair just a minor setback. Also yea I plan on the pump bearing seal

Attachments

• 8C9BD85C-8E04-4E31-94BB-54474A794DC8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12