• 3- it’s epoxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-u can never be too safe

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 5-thats just crazy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Longstr

Well it’s time I have had this boat since last April and most of my funds have been going to the motor. I just got started on it last weekend was just going to replace stringers,  :smile13:
The plan:
Fix transom
Replace stringers
Redue piece from floor to bilge
Cut out tanks, strip, and refinish
Paint and flowcoat

Longstr

The left stringer was rotten, left side of transom, and left side of center support under the floor edge

Longstr

Transom

Attachments

• C3E34968-BEA9-41E3-B7E8-D7ADB1E86D71.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 85BDA31D-108B-4921-A026-9124067E2218.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48

Devilman

Sounds about like me, seems like I always find a bit more to do after digging into something, lol. That Rochelle will be nice. A buddy of mine is just about done with one, finishing up interior & stuff. Seems to run out pretty good with a warmed up Ford, nothing major, but scoots along nicely.

You able to get rid of the Taylor?

Devilman

Far as the pics, not sure what the deal is, the thumbs are sideways, but when you click on them they open correctly so no biggie.

When Henry posts pics it does the same thing, we just figured it was something he was doing wrong, lol!

Longstr

Devilman said:
Sounds about like me, seems like I always find a bit more to do after digging into something, lol. That Rochelle will be nice. A buddy of mine is just about done with one, finishing up interior & stuff. Seems to run out pretty good with a warmed up Ford, nothing major, but scoots along nicely.

You able to get rid of the Taylor?

Yes I got rid of the Taylor, mine will also have a warmed up Ford so hopefully it runs good

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That will be a sweet boat when you are done. You most definitely are not scared of projects! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Crusader

Patchman said:
That will be a sweet boat when you are done. You most definitely are not scared of projects! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Thats true and the guy is very meticulous about his work. We spoke a lot offline about his Taylor project and he did well with it.

Longstr

Crusader said:
Patchman said:

Thats true and the guy is very meticulous about his work. We spoke a lot offline about his Taylor project and he did well with it.

Thanks Sir I try! This one should be easy tho!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I have a project that needs stringers and transom. I thought I could get excited about it, but it ain't happening! We did the floor in my fishing boat, and that broke my craving to do fiberglass work for a little while! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Stringers.. pfft, thats what aluminum plate is for.  :smile28:
Stringers! That just means my project needs to belong to someone else! :smile14: :smile14: :smile14:

Longstr

Patchman said:
I have a project that needs stringers and transom. I thought I could get excited about it, but it ain't happening! We did the floor in my fishing boat, and that broke my craving to do fiberglass work for a little while! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Well I never crave fiberglass work, I absolutely hate the cutting out part but the going back in is fun, and rewarding. Hope to make some huge progress this weekend!

Longstr

Should have his section peanut butterd in this evening

Attachments

• 20180321_204648 (1).jpg
    20180321_204648 (1).jpg
    5 MB · Views: 55
  • 405712DB-39CD-4AB8-AE93-EB1258C0150C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 77CC7116-00E7-40CC-930F-2A2375126536.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 44