Project X

Last Mohecian

Administrator
spd500 said:
My motor will be delivered in a few hours  jump.gif jump.gif
I got a 56k Suburban 5.3 motor for $500 , kinda more than I wanted to pay for the motor but it does have low miles .

Does that include comp and harness?  If it does include them you can sell them to recoup a little $$$ since you are going to use a carb.  Hard to beat $500 for a complete motor delivered.

spd500

That price is without the harness and computer . Its comlete motor intake to pan , includes the water pump , but no other accesories . It is not too bad of a price , but I was hoping to find a little better deal , or at least get the harness and computer incase I changed my mind later .

spd500

$150 of that price was core charge though too , so if I blow it up it will be cheap to replace .

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Just wanted to make sure you found these two threads.  They will be helpful to you.

This one is carbed.  LS stuff starts on page 9.
http://www.socaljetboats.com/boat-showcase/my-first-jet-69-schiada/

Wasted Income's build
http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/62463-wasted-incomes-lsx-into-avenger-jet-boat-build.html

Last Mohecian

Administrator
spd500 said:
On the hunt for an intake set up now , any advice ?

Keep your eye on the for sale section over at LS1tech.com  I see them come up over there every now and then.  In fact James saw a Victor Jr. and MSD box recently over there.  You might even sign up over there and post a WTB.

spd500

I am a member over there , and have seen a few come up in the past . I did see the MSD and intake combo for sale , but had to wait on that to make sure I had the correct MSD for the reluctor wheel on the motor I bought .

spd500

I am thinking I might just order this one and be done with it , been on the lookout for a used one for a few weeks already and haven't really seen anything .

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/edelbrock-performer-rpm-ls1-71187/

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Personally, I'd wait until you are ready for it to order a new one.  You have a lot of mock up and building to do before the intake will hold you up.  That gives you more time to look for a used one.

spd500

Yeah , I probably don't need to get in too big of a hurry just yet . But I will be ready for the engine components hopefully within a few weeks . I want to put the boat back on the trailer and start getting the motor stuff figured out as soon as I get the body work finished and the boat primed . Kinda jumping back and forth on the project , but that way I know all my holes are in the right places before I do paint .

spd500

Driver just called , wanted to know what part of CONROE I am in  crazy.gif  He is about an hour out of the way , but should be here in an hour or so .

spd500

There is also one on there with a fogger system installed on the intake , looks pretty tempting  think.gif

spd500

Driver finally found us and the motor for the boat is in the shop  jump.gif I need to get a stand to put it on , I just put it on a cart that I had at the shop for now , dont want to start taking it apart until I get it on a stand though .

Last Mohecian

Administrator
spd500 said:
Driver finally found us and the motor for the boat is in the shop  jump.gif I need to get a stand to put it on , I just put it on a cart that I had at the shop for now , dont want to start taking it apart until I get it on a stand though .

Too bad you are so far from Dallas.  I have 2 stands.