Project X

spd500

I already made a deal with someone and I am not going to discuss his buisness . If he wants to post up he can .

spd500

I found the new motor for the boat yesterday , and found a deal on an intake manifold . The MSD setup seems to be about the same price no matter where you get it . Hopefully picking up the motor on Monday . Still trying to decide on what to do for the exhaust , might just go with TT headers from JBP . I am doing some asking around on the LS boards to find out what cam is goin to be best for the boat setup , and hoping to get the heads worked over a little .

spd500

:smile26: Mattie wants to paint the boat yellow and black and call it Bumble Bee . She is a huge Transformers fan , but I'm not so much of a fan .

jimbo

Well, cool speed! You got alot of work ahead of you,holler at me if you need any help. Hopefully we will have some water in the lake next year for the maiden voyage.

spd500

Hey Jim . I was going to stop by a few weeks ago , but there wasnt anyone home . How you guys been doing ?

jimbo

We are in survival mode. I only took the boat out twice this summer and am feeling deprived,it sucks having no water to play in.The lake has been coming up and if this drought will go away we will be in good shape for the summer. This winter I am working on my Karman Ghia
since the boat is ready to go.

spd500

Did they finish the ramp upgrades they were working on over there a few months ago ? Yall should have the nicest ramp on the lake when its done .

spd500

Thats awesome , last time I loaded the boat at that ramp there was a big hole and the trailer went sideways . Not fun trying to load the boat with the trailer all out of whack .

blazeracer

spd500 said:
:smile26: Mattie wants to paint the boat yellow and black and call it Bumble Bee . She is a huge Transformers fan , but I'm not so much of a fan .

That funny because my son was saying we should do the Enforcer boat in a black and grey theme like the cop car in Tansformers and put Decepticon logos on it. LOL..

Then I got the nice seats in red, orange and yellow so it shot that idea out of the water.

spd500

I am not really trying to be the fastest boat on the water , I might just have to take you out with my lazer cannon  :smile16:

spd500

I pulled the boat out and got it washed up and ready to put on the stand so I can start getting it ready for paint . Then we put it on the stand and rolled it into the shop to start getting some of the dirty work done on it .

washedup.jpg

It fits in the shop fairly well , but I pushed it all the way over to one side for now so I will have room to move things around and hopefully get the shop cleaned up some .
inshop.jpg

spd500

Mattie and I spent a little time sanding the old paintjob off the boat this afternoon , now I remeber why I hate sanding . We got about 1/2 of the front deck back down to the original gel . I need to get my big compressor setup in the shop so I can get the DA after it and get it done .

spd500

I found an aluminum 5.3 rebuilt with some mods done already for a reasonable price , but I am not sure I want to run a heat exchanger setup . Still looking around , probably go pick up the other motor I found on Monday though .

77Jet Star

spd500 said:
I pulled the boat out and got it washed up and ready to put on the stand so I can start getting it ready for paint . Then we put it on the stand and rolled it into the shop to start getting some of the dirty work done on it .

washedup.jpg

It fits in the shop fairly well , but I pushed it all the way over to one side for now so I will have room to move things around and hopefully get the shop cleaned up some .
inshop.jpg
Thats A lot of work but looking good  clap.gif

spd500

Thanks . It is definately a project to undertake , but I have been needing something to work on . Mattie is starting to really like helping out with stuff in the shop , so hopefully it will be fun for both of us . If all goes well I hope to have it on the water next spring .