PRO53 HONDO FLATTY ?

pro53

Well I found out what it is .Its a 1976 hondo sprint t deck.Here is an ad.
XH511T20001.jpg

Vintage20ads203.jpg

73sanger

this kinda stuff kills me I looked for over a year and still ended up driving to florida to pick up my project and paid over twice as much with less hardware LMFAO! Pro you got a hell of a deal !

not to hijack the thread but runner bottom guys how far is yall's motor and v-drive from the transom need a starting point for a good set up gonna put the motor in this weekend?

Blownfuel

pro53 said:
Ghost Rider01 said:
He has it all in his garage...... I dont know were he finds the time to crack a beer.. ::) ::) ::) ::)
I always find time to crack a BEER.I have to rent another storage.My yellow boat is in storage with my chopped 49 ford.Cant fit any more room.Gonna have to rent another.

Your starting to sound like me now, I managed to fit a '66' Chevy II, a front engine dragster, a T-Bucket (dis-assembled, there's a good story behind that one!), three spare engines, two spare 700R4's, and a whole mess of other crap in a 10x20 storage unit during my last deployment.

pro53

Blownfuel said:
pro53 said:
Ghost Rider01 said:
He has it all in his garage...... I dont know were he finds the time to crack a beer.. ::) ::) ::) ::)
I always find time to crack a BEER.I have to rent another storage.My yellow boat is in storage with my chopped 49 ford.Cant fit any more room.Gonna have to rent another.

Your starting to sound like me now, I managed to fit a '66' Chevy II, a front engine dragster, a T-Bucket (dis-assembled, there's a good story behind that one!), three spare engines, two spare 700R4's, and a whole mess of other crap in a 10x20 storage unit during my last deployment.
FRONT ENGINE DRAGSTER AND T BUCKET :8) :8) :8) :8)

tfhcrew

I know this has been dead for a while, but if I am not mistaken, the GFD used to belong to John White. This was one of the first flats he had and I think he ran it as a lake racer about 86-87. I think we had put a 427 .030 over and the boat never got happy. Most likely the plates needed to be properly set. He sold this boat to Gary Dieterling in South Houston and I had heard that Gary had broken the crank on the San Jac one day. Then, later he had put in a mild 350 just to ride, but I think eventually got bored with it. John went on to race a few more boats after that, LOL, but I think he will always remember this one. ::grin:

pro53

tfhcrew said:
I know this has been dead for a while, but if I am not mistaken, the GFD used to belong to John White. This was one of the first flats he had and I think he ran it as a lake racer about 86-87. I think we had put a 427 .030 over and the boat never got happy. Most likely the plates needed to be properly set. He sold this boat to Gary Dieterling in South Houston and I had heard that Gary had broken the crank on the San Jac one day. Then, later he had put in a mild 350 just to ride, but I think eventually got bored with it. John went on to race a few more boats after that, LOL, but I think he will always remember this one. ::grin:
Do you think this is the same boat?Can get a# to who knows about it where I can track down some history?

greaser

tfhcrew said:

Are we talking about the same John White......SDBA Pres.????????

tfhcrew

Yeah, the same Juan Blanco. I'm his brother and helped on this one too. Take a close look at the yellow stripe. If there is a very narrow green stripe at the point where the yellow and blue meet, then this is definately the same boat. (That was my idea, LOL) Actually looked really good. Let me know if this fits and I will get Juan to come in and look.

pro53

tfhcrew said:
Yeah, the same Juan Blanco. I'm his brother and helped on this one too. Take a close look at the yellow stripe. If there is a very narrow green stripe at the point where the yellow and blue meet, then this is definately the same boat. (That was my idea, LOL) Actually looked really good. Let me know if this fits and I will get Juan to come in and look.
Here is some more pictures let me know what you think is it ?
100_1511.jpg

100_1514.jpg

100_1504.jpg

The General

Hey George, looks like his description to me!!!

now for a quick little Hi-jack...

Hey TFHcrew,

ever heard of a '74 Sanger Hydro that was raced under the name 'Cranky Yankee' ?

don't know what it looked like then, but it's red and blue now

tfhcrew

Hey Gen, She's pretty but I don't remember her to tell the truth. Yeah, that's GFD that John had. Note the transom, look at the paint as I described it. Also, I got to remembering, this particular Hondo had been set up as a circle racer and had a skag in her belly. Does she still? I have a call in to John and am waiting to hear back from him. We used her to ski a lot as well. AHHHHH, Memories!

tfhcrew

OK, finally talked to John to jog my memory. He only raced this hull at 2 events, brackets both times, Waco and Monroe LA. I was right on the transfer to Gary. That was when John bought "Religous Indecesion", a really light flat compared to the heavy Hondo. He said he will come in here and take a look. Couldn't believe GFD was still around.

pro53

Does one off you have a pick back in the day.Will buy it or buy a copy?Also I need to track down a tittle.It didnt come with one.Do you have a number to the guy John?Who painted the boat these colors?I want to redo the boat in the same paint.You say this boat is heavy ,but it sure seams alot lighter compared to the other boat I have.When I was pulling it home had to stop to move it over on the trailer.I could pick the back of it up ,of course there was no motor.I want all the info I can. ::-D