PHOENIX AND BEYOND

TexasJet

Totally unrelated but noteworthy none the less. My buddy Randall's houseboat sank at Overlook Marina. It's sitting on the bottom.

Attachments

• tmp_26283-IMG950538-1295394405.jpg
    tmp_26283-IMG950538-1295394405.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 83

TexasJet

It was anchored out from the dock. It had a leak at the outdrive and the battery finally gave out that was running the bilge pump.

TexasJet

That's pretty standard around here. She has a small patch of bermuda in the back by the pool. Has an electric lawn mower.

TexasJet

Made the tequila and tacos festival. Got a little rain early, then cleared up.

Pic 1 is the crowd. Pretty crowded all day long.

Pic 2 is for Patch.

Pic 3 is the kind of people there was.

Lots of tattoos. There were about 25 tequila vendors under a tent. I only knew Don Julio and Patron.

Headed for Saguaro Lake today. Having a hard time finding 93 octane. Using 91.

TexasJet

Made it to the lake and back before the rain. Saguaro must be deep, the water is dark and clear. It's not very long. Seven miles to some buoys that say unmarked underwater hazards ahead. Some beaches. Met some local folks, nice people.

Once you leave the main part of the lake it becomes more river than lake. Nice calm water with mountains straight up from the water.

First pic is a no wake zone cause it's narrow. Mountain on the right is 400' straight up.

Second pic is still in the no wake zone. The buoys in the distance are the end of the no wake zone.

Third pic is looking down at where we launched. We were leaving and I took it.

TexasJet

This just shows more mountains behind a marina.

Attachments

• tmp_14766-1018151543a-1295394405.jpg
    tmp_14766-1018151543a-1295394405.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 35

TexasJet

Patchman said:
Wow! That's awesome looking, did you try the salty senorita?  :smile17:

There were a lot of them there, I assume you didn't mean a drink by that name. I was with my daughter and her fiancee and some other friends.

TexasJet

My granddaughter is a fashion model and we are going to a casting call tonight. This should be interesting.  :smile28:

sturat

Nice pictures Jeff! When I took the boat back in 2010 we had a blast and I will make that trip again.  jump.gif

TexasJet

Patchman said:
That is what was on the sign in the second pic! :smile30:

He was waiting in line for tacos. That sign said what kind they were selling.

There were at least 40 taco vendors and some of the lines were 50 people deep.