PHOENIX AND BEYOND

TexasJet

Made Fort Stockton, on to Phoenix tomorrow. Made good time, 67 mph average. No unscheduled events! :) No pics today. Oh, am pulling the Baja.

Devilman

Cool deal Jeff, careful out there on the road & all that. Looking forward to the photo documentation of your journey. :smile17:

Crusader

TexasJet said:
Made Fort Stockton, on to Phoenix tomorrow. Made good time, 67 mph average. No unscheduled events! :) No pics today. Oh, am pulling the Baja.

My wife grew up in Fort Stockton.....I know right where that Hampton Inn is located.

Safe travels to AZ.......

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful sir, glad to see the Ol Baja getting some love! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif :smile17:

TexasJet

That was in the desert of New Mexico. I was trying to drive at 70 mph and take the pic at the same time. From Fort Stockton to Tuscon the weather was mostly stormy and cool. I didn't need the AC in the truck till I got North of Tuscon. The weather for the next 10 days here and in Havasu is supposed to by beautiful.

All I have to do today is wash the boat and get ready for tomorrow.

Crusader

TexasJet said:
That was in the desert of New Mexico. I was trying to drive at 70 mph and take the pic at the same time. From Fort Stockton to Tuscon the weather was mostly stormy and cool. I didn't need the AC in the truck till I got North of Tuscon. The weather for the next 10 days here and in Havasu is supposed to by beautiful.

All I have to do today is wash the boat and get ready for tomorrow.

Whats tomorrow and what's the big event? Don't you go here yearly? Is this the first time you brought this boat there?

Can't wait to see all the pictures!

TexasJet

Sometimes I forget that not everybody knows what the hell i'm talking about.

Taking my boat to Arizona is on my bucket list. I have been to Havasu 4 years in a row for Desert Storm. I have rented a boat in the past and stayed on Lake Havasu.

I want to trailer my boat to the Parker Strip.

Friday we check in at the London Bridge resort and in the afternoon we will cruise Havasu.

Saturday we will trailer down to Parker for the day.

Sunday we will head up to Needles from Havasu by boat.

Monday we return to Phoenix.

During the next 4 weekends we will hit several local lakes in the Phoenix area.

One weekend we are going to a tequila festival here in Phoenix, I'm not driving that day!!! :)

I promise plenty of pics.

The we is me, my daughter and a lady friend of hers.

TexasJet

Patchman said:
Tequila festival sounds dangerous! :smile14:

My daughter has been there before. You buy a wristband with little tear off tabs. Every time you taste test they are supposed to tear off a tab. As the day wears on they always forget to tear off the tabs and you can become well over served. There are a lot of food vendors also. I'll take pics, for sure.

TexasJet

This is a pic I took from the London Bridge that shows the London Bridge Resort where we are staying. We are facing the channel and I rented a boat slip. I will take a better shot of the resort this weekend.