My latest Project!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I should start a thread on my latest boat, since I seem to have to work on it some! crazy.gif
It's a 96 Fountain 24CS with a 496 Chevy in it! Yes it's a Chevy!
So far I have replaced the radio, and dizzy seal. Also discovered that the fuel sender was sticking in various positions other than empty! :smile20: I have also had a trim tab leak, but that was fixed with a tiny O-ring( So I think). I also installed another battery, the 640CCa that the PO installed was lacking in the starting department. So now I need to go test it and see if it's 100%. :smile30:

Knotty Girl

That is one fine ride.  I have fixed everything on the 'ol Checkmate also, let's go test at the same time  jump.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, well ran this thing last weekend and experienced yet another problem. Ignition just turning off randomly. But I think I discovered the cause. Upon further investigation, I found that the MSD box is wired to a capacitor ( noise filter). The positive lead going to said capacitor has an inline glass fuse with a weather tite rubber connector. This harness is stretched way to tite, and when I squeezed the connector it closed up making a good connection. So I think it's time to remove the glass fuse and wire in a newer plastic style that isn't a push/pull type of connection. Fortunately momma kept her cool, because it always started back up. No paddling or begging for a tow this time.  :smile17: The joys of buying a used boat! crazy.gif crazy.gif On a positive note, the trim tabs worked perfect this trip! :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Mike S said:
Sweet patch glad your getting some bugs worked out! Now for me to just make some money and go test my big ol girl!!
Let's do it man!  :smile16: I will need another test run so I can get some gps info for my prop testing! My prop sucks! crazy.gif

customtouch

That little Fountain is a very cool boat and don't think that used boats are the only ones that have problems to work out. Most everyone I know (including me)) that have bought new boats have had several issues that needed to be ironed out. It's all just part of the fun!!!! :smile30:  We should try to have one last little get together before it gets cold.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
That little Fountain is a very cool boat and don't think that used boats are the only ones that have problems to work out. Most everyone I know (including me)) that have bought new boats have had several issues that needed to be ironed out. It's all just part of the fun!!!! :smile30:  We should try to have one last little get together before it gets cold.
Yes sir! I'm trying to work out how I can get the boat up my Sister-in-laws driveway in the hill country! Inks lake is calling me again! :grin:

Patchman said:
customtouch said:
Yes sir! I'm trying to work out how I can get the boat up my Sister-in-laws driveway in the hill country! Inks lake is calling me again! :grin:

Where's that patch?