More noobie questions!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Actually used a fiberglass rod and welded it to the holley.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
He's adjusting nicely! :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Duanehydro said:
So you need to build a mounting tray?
thought I did scoop has a plywood one in it. Just need a flame arrester and longer bolt :)

Did you buy that from Hellin? :smile21:

EMBRACETHEHATE

Patchman said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Duanehydro said:
So you need to build a mounting tray?
thought I did scoop has a plywood one in it. Just need a flame arrester and longer bolt :)

Did you buy that from Hellin? :smile21:
no Brent Nunn actually made me a helluva deal.

my first scoop pan actually came from walmart, out of the baking section used it on my centurion picklefork had a formula 5000 scoop on it worked pretty good till...............................................

EMBRACETHEHATE

In some cases I use a mahogany rod but the it wouldnt stick to the holley. So I grabbed my fiberglass 6011 rod, worked great. Also used it to weld blinkers on the boat. ;D

EMBRACETHEHATE

Serious note. Wheres the best "trim" setting for the jetovator? As far as the rooster tail. Ive heard 2ft off the water is ideal. Does it just depend on the boat?

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Drumzilla

For me all my boats were different. As you trim the jetavator up you'll feel the boat lift and you'll gain speed. And theres always a sweet spot. I can always feel it... And it's sweeeeeet....2ft off the water is a good place to start..You'll probably get some mechanical reasons on here too...like the horse power ratio to the RPM compared to the centrifugal force of the boat hull divided by the spinning ratio of your impeller plus the length and weight of your boat....I got that off The Big Bang Theory....  my 2 cents..

Becket

DrumZilla said:
For me all my boats were different. As you trim the jetavator up you'll feel the boat lift and you'll gain speed. And theres always a sweet spot. I can always feel it... And it's sweeeeeet....2ft off the water is a good place to start..You'll probably get some mechanical reasons on here too...like the horse power ratio to the RPM compared to the centrifugal force of the boat hull divided by the spinning ratio of your impeller plus the length and weight of your boat....I got that off The Big Bang Theory....  my 2 cents..
Dude, you forgot about the weakest force in Nature.........Gravity  :smile30:

Knotty Girl

DrumZilla said:

Man I have a head ache.  think.gif

Devilman

DrumZilla said:
#2 yellow pine...Come on to Home Depot and I'll fix ya up with some #1 lumber...  bling.gif

Drum is a wood handler now... wood...  lol :cheesy: :grin:

blazeracer

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Serious note. Wheres the best "trim" setting for the jetovator? As far as the rooster tail. Ive heard 2ft off the water is ideal. Does it just depend on the boat?

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Just above the waterline, like 1-3 feet range.

At 20 feet you slow down like crazy, but it looks cool as sh1t!!