Mike S. New toy!

Hell I'm going to be pushing my out drive if I make to much more power anyway it's only good for 600 hp and this this is still a family boat!!  :smile14: :smile17:

John

Mike S said:
Yeah that's what I figured but still didn't want to chance it! And I'm more looking for less top end and more cruising speed! That's what the cams built for anyways not peak power! Before I cruised at 40 now I'm hoping with the tq. And power I cruise a 55-60

John what size cam is in yours! And hp numbers if you mind?

im 95% sure this is it http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=597&sb=2

i think it is installed a 108' lobe centerline (why i don't know) something eddie conrad did

as far as HP #'s  i dont know, didnt dyno it.... I Figure its in the 550~ 575 range

it'll push a 28P B1 through a 1.5 ratio bravo to 5100

Devilman

Good deal Mike, sounds like its comin together nicely. Ya'll will be bustin waves in no time. Although, I think that is the smallest numbers for an engine I have ever seen you post about. :grin:

Devilman said:
Good deal Mike, sounds like its comin together nicely. Ya'll will be bustin waves in no time. Although, I think that is the smallest numbers for an engine I have ever seen you post about. :grin:

Haha thanks and you or for sure right! I'm happy but sure wishes it would have made 600 I'm sure it's not good to run everything on the edge (like my outdrive and other S***) but y'all know me and I like too..... as much as possible! And this one is gonna come in a little short! Haha but hey it's should be fun and reliable!

I guess y'all was thinking of me building a 632 or some s*** and putting in Uhhhhh.. Well people change ya know!! :smile22: naaa....... I'm sure one day.... it's coming lmao....

Thanks guys! I ran it yesterday for about 10 min. On the hose and checked everything out! So far it's good to go other then a few things like find out why my trim gauge no longer works!! Lmao.. But we got a tune up on the lab top programmed in the msd box and we will see how she likes it first, then change it from there if we need to!!

Well...... Took the boat out Sunday funday, and she ran flawless, picked up 10 mph with the new motor and old propping! Now to get her prop'd right I'll be looking for a few test props if anyone has some laying around, I can barrow and if wanting to sale maybe buy! I'm looking to go ahead and try a 4 blade b1 24p or rev4 23p also looking for 3 blade 25 some where around there like a mirage! If anyone has anything let me know!!

Knotty Girl

John is selling a 3 blade 25.  I have it now.  I was going to buy it but my buying is over for now. It is a nice prop.

customtouch

clap.gifCOOL clap.gif. I am guessing that a lab finished 25 Mirage will probably give you the best top end but you will like a 24 or 26 B1 for cruising. As you already know, all my props are gone now but I can look around for you.