Mike S. New toy!

John said:
what was in the teague box?

That was the custom grind cam they did me! By the time it's through, I will have got the cam lifters, push rods, springs, retainers, locks, and there Crain gold roller rockers that you can only get from them! Basically the whole valve train and cam sys! They put all together for me and my application! Cool people there! 

Well dyno day one! Motor did alright for just a brake in!

Only turned it 4800, ran it on break in gas, low timing, and he ran his carb for break in which is a 600 cfm so on a small pull results are!
4800-511 hp
4400-565 tq

Right now where looking at 100 more then it did so.......... :smile17:

We'll turn her up tomorrow add some timing, better gas, 800 cfm carb and turn her 5500 rpm she will go 6000 but I want to keep it around 5500 for the drive and s*** lmao.... Won't be a bad 30' lake hot rod! Maybe she'll see 60 mph now!!  :smile30:

Knotty Girl

Mike S said:
Well dyno day one! Motor did alright for just a brake in!

Only turned it 4800, ran it on break in gas, low timimg, and he ran his carb for break in which is a 600 cfm so on a small pull results are!
4800-511 hp
4400-565 tq

Right now where looking at 100 more then it did so.......... :smile17:

We'll turn her up tomorrow add some timing, better gas, 800 cfm carb and turn her 5500 rpm she will go 6000 but I want to keep it around 5500 for the drive and s*** lmao.... Won't be a bad 30' lake hot rod! Maybe she'll see 60 mph now!!  :smile30:

Sounds good buddy  clap.gif 

Lol we'll see tomorrow for sure! Lol maybe next race you and scabboy won't hand me my a** to bad next time :smile20: and I can at least stay 1-2 boats behind y'all!  think.gif

TexasJet

clap.gif  Aren't dynos fun? Especially when it's your motor. Good numbers. Just go easy on the hole shot.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I would probably ride in it now, as long as it's fast, nice stereo, and most important - Full of beautiful ladies! :smile28:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Mike S said:
Well it will be Faster then CJ's, and it's got a good stereo, and as far as ladies go I tend to try to carry a few!!  jump.gif
Sounds like a deal then! :smile16:

I'm not sure ya got anything to worry bout, :smile30: top end is not where I set it up at! This is the lowest hp motor I've ever built!  :smile16:

It really needs bigger carb, and the jets changed but we ran out of time and stopped pulling on it at 550 so it might have another 10-20 left in her but I'm happy where it's at

Walk away!

550 hp@ 5500
580 ft tq@ 4300

They also said it really would do a lot better with a little bigger cam! It's 630 now and didn't want to go bigger and have revision issues!! But all in al it's 150 hp more then it had!!

We also stayed at 9.1 compression with this motor so I'm good with all pump gas

John

you're fine with those long risers on those EMI's on reversion issues, its the short ones made to work with captains call exhaust that have the issues

Yeah that's what I figured but still didn't want to chance it! And I'm more looking for less top end and more cruising speed! That's what the cams built for anyways not peak power! Before I cruised at 40 now I'm hoping with the tq. And power I cruise a 55-60

John what size cam is in yours! And hp numbers if you mind?