Mike S. New toy!

Well after working on a deal for two weeks and drove all the way too Decatur TN. 28 hours To buy this boat I got there and the pic he sent me were at least 3 to 5 years old and he must have sent 30 pic! Said the boat was lake ready and he new I was not going home I was headed straight to the lake the boat was far from it all the top of the boat needed new paint all the seats eve ruthing was rotted and need replaced the front seats was not even bolted in and it was lake ready yeah! He has not even fired it up in 3 years! So needless to say such a beautiful boat was a pieace of $h1t! Oh and he wanted 35k for it and when I told him I still wanted it but just not for 35k he said well get in your truck and drive home  crazy.gif  oh I wanted to beat him! Anyhow here are pic of what he sent me! and yes I went home with out it! That's also why I missed the outlaw event!

Attachments

• boat todd 007.JPG
    boat todd 007.JPG
    536.5 KB · Views: 490
  • brians new pics 114.jpg
    brians new pics 114.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 463
Now to finish the story I was so made I went to conroe to drop off my old man and I said I had all this money now in my hand so I went shoping only because it also what my wife wants I found a 30' scarab single 502 mpi with brovo 1 and the motor is brand new not even finshed broke in yet so 18 hours on motor! Took 20 for brake in so here she is my new project!

PS chris and john should like it!

Attachments

• 2012-04-28 15.04.42.jpg
    2012-04-28 15.04.42.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 177

customtouch

It sucks when people misrepresent the things they have for sale. Especially when they waste your time and money traveling to see it. I don't understand why they do that unless the think they are going to sell it to someone blind or stupid.

customtouch

Mike S said:
Now to finish the story I was so made I went to conroe to drop off my old man and I said I had all this money now in my hand so I went shoping only because it also what my wife wants I found a 30' scarab single 502 mpi with brovo 1 and the motor is brand new not even finshed broke in yet so 18 hours on motor! Took 20 for brake in so here she is my new project!

I painted that boat back in either 96 or 97 I think it was.

John

Mike S said:
John said:
mike what is that warhawk popped from?

What do you mean?

im sure he didnt built a 25 or 26 cat mold from scratch, in other words is the bottom a daytona hull profile or more like one of those cole firehawks?

John

Mike S said:

and another member in the scarab cool kids club

scarabscs

Wow what a mess, I would have wanted to do some serious @ss whipping!!!!! 

On a side note, that Scarab should be a smooth riding, dependable boat.  Cant wait to check it out, if you are going boating on Conroe let me know, I keep my boat about 15 min from there!

scarabscs said:
Wow what a mess, I would have wanted to do some serious @ss whipping!!!!! 

On a side note, that Scarab should be a smooth riding, dependable boat.  Cant wait to check it out, if you are going boating on Conroe let me know, I keep my boat about 15 min from there!

It rides like a cadi. And I spent all day there sun my dad lives and the.water on walden rd so im there all the time!

customtouch said:
Mike S said:

I painted that boat back in either 96 or 97 I think it was.

The boats a 96 and looks good will kept! Cool deal!

ChryslerJet

Mike
Nice new boat I am sure the family will enjoy it.  Sorry to hear about the wasted trip at least you found something you can enjoy out of it.

customtouch

Looks like it held up ok considering the paint is 16 years old. I painted it for South Austin Marine who sold it to a guy that had a sterio shop here. He used it as a demo so needless to say it used to have a killer sound system in it. I always liked the 29 Scarabs. Congrats on the new boat. You will enjoy it. ( P.S.) I may have some props you can try on it when you start playing with it.

customtouch said:
bling.gif
Looks like it held up ok considering the paint is 16 years old. I painted it for South Austin Marine who sold it to a guy that had a sterio shop here. He used it as a demo so needless to say it used to have a killer sound system in it. I always liked the 29 Scarabs. Congrats on the new boat. You will enjoy it. ( P.S.) I may have some props you can try on it when you start playing with it.

Yeah it has a killer stereo sys. In it! And im ready to start playing a guy gave me a 5 blade 19 pitch I think but not sure about that its been about 10 years are so sence ive missed with one of these!

It turns 4800 at 62 mph on a water gauge so I would like to get a little more I got my a$$ handed to me at conroe yesterday by a scarab with twins and about 42' boat  :smile16:

Oh in 2' chop it was ruff but not in that thing!

customtouch

Mike S said:
customtouch said:
bling.gif

Yeah it has a killer stereo sys. In it! And im ready to start playing a guy gave me a 5 blade 19 pitch I think but not sure about that its been about 10 years are so sence ive missed with one of these!

Those Scarabs were set up with a pretty conservative x-dimension so I don't think the 5-blade will work that well on it. Five blades are normally used on step bottoms with real high x-dimensions because they give a lot of stern lift and bite. With a straight bottom hull you need something that gives you some bow lift. All hulls will react different though so it never hurts to try. You will have to bring it up for some of the poker runs here. You would have a blast.