LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Chevy2184

Mine was leaking a little around the dizzy to? Put a second gasket and all dry now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Mine was leaking a little around the dizzy to? Put a second gasket and all dry now....
That's what I was also thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KONA77

Am I reading this correct,  patch has something to really work on  :smile21:  if so
He will never get his other projects done :smile26:

jimsplace

Patchman said:
OK Chevy guys! How do you get a MSD Billet Dizzy to quit leaking on a BBC? It has a new gasket and is still leaking at the base! Oh and it's that adjustable height billet one! :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21:

I had the same issue with my adjustable collar.
I fixed the problem by putting a small bead of silicon around the bottom of the split collar and
then put the gasket on.
I believe the oil gets past the gasket where the collar is split.
Put the distributor in place and snug it down slightly.  After the silicon has cured, tighten it to
the normal tightness.

It doesn't take much, but it needs to seal.
Since I did that, I've used the same gasket for over 4 years now, as I never remove the gasket.
It worked for me.
Good luck.
  :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
jimsplace said:
Patchman said:
OK Chevy guys! How do you get a MSD Billet Dizzy to quit leaking on a BBC? It has a new gasket and is still leaking at the base! Oh and it's that adjustable height billet one! :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21:

I had the same issue with my adjustable collar.
I fixed the problem by putting a small bead of silicon around the bottom of the split collar and
then put the gasket on.
I believe the oil gets past the gasket where the collar is split.
Put the distributor in place and snug it down slightly.  After the silicon has cured, tighten it to
the normal tightness.

It doesn't take much, but it needs to seal.
Since I did that, I've used the same gasket for over 4 years now, as I never remove the gasket.
It worked for me.
Good luck.
  :smile17:
Sounds like it's worth a try! Thanks! clap.gif clap.gif

copterzach

DISTURBED said:
A little north of $250 after adding the Stabil.  :smile30:  :smile17:  :smile13: :smile13: :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:

I burned thru 75 gallons of Avgas at Amistad.    At $5.55 a gallon

Sent from my iPad   
Aggie Class of '97

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I won't complain about the Super unleaded then! Wow 95 gallons! Bet you had a good time though! :smile17: