LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Chevy2184

Crusader it was at potters creek cove on canyon lake... Right by the boat ramp... Was about the only pice of somewhat smooth water we could find? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy2184

We used to put in at rough canyon at amistead and run up the devils to the falls and hang out? Bet you can't get anywhere close to the falls in a boat right now? But super clear water! Not much bank to hang out on?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I really want to rent a house boat on that lake for a few days! I have never been there!

farmo83

An uncle of mine rented a house boat on Amistad back when I was in college. They had a house boat and towed a fishing boat, two jet skis, and a 6 person banana behind it. Had a blast, one of the main drawbacks was they spent about 1000 bucks on gas, and this was back when gas was around 1.85 a gallon.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I do believe it will involve multiple couples, and someone with a boat that hauls lots of people! I suspect the fuel will be some coin. Shoot just getting there will cost some  :smile13: for us. But that's on my bucket list for sure! :smile30:

Crusader

Chevy2184 said:
Crusader it was at potters creek cove on canyon lake... Right by the boat ramp... Was about the only pice of somewhat smooth water we could find? Lol

Cool...thanks. My boat was a regular at Canyon lake when the PO had it.

My wife's family own property and a lake house on Amistad......we might tow our sled down there next summer and have fun.

Chevy2184

Most of the people we talk to that rent the house boats on amistead just get the boat and find the closest deep cove and anchor the boat up in the cove as not to burn a lot of fuel in that big sucker... Lol then tie all the play toys to the house boat... And if they want to go play or look around they just take one of the smaller boats.. But it's a beautiful lake! With it being a national lake and the government not letting anyone build right on the shore line it's almost like going back in time to the cowboy days! Lol pretty neat! Take plenty of sunscreen! That clear water will burn your a$$!!! Lol

Chevy2184

I'm game!! It's only 1-1/2 from my house to the boat ramp.... :) but it's also a lot like canyon lake? You get 5 foot off the bank you are in 20' of water? Not many shallow spots on that lake? But pretty neat to run up the devils and see Indian paintings still on the side of the cliffs...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Most of the people we talk to that rent the house boats on amistead just get the boat and find the closest deep cove and anchor the boat up in the cove as not to burn a lot of fuel in that big sucker... Lol then tie all the play toys to the house boat... And if they want to go play or look around they just take one of the smaller boats.. But it's a beautiful lake! With it being a national lake and the government not letting anyone build right on the shore line it's almost like going back in time to the cowboy days! Lol pretty neat! Take plenty of sunscreen! That clear water will burn your a$$!!! Lol

That's our idea! Also read where some coves you won't see another boat all weekend! Like having your own stretch of lake to yourself! I truly want to go there! :smile30:

Chevy2184

We used to stay at the little motel that they tore down to build those rentals? Have never staid their? But the look nice?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I learned a valuable lesson this weekend! Never, I repeat never rely on the fuel gauge of a boat you are not familiar with! Running out of gas on Conroe sucks! No one wants to offer assistance, and they all rent their boats! Thank goodness for fellow THB members like PlaneJim who load up their boats and come to the rescue! A real class act right there! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif :smile16:

Chevy2184

That does suck!! But truth be known you prob wouldn't want them towing your boat in for you anyway?? They might try to get you up on plane or something like they were pulling a tube?? 😜

Disturbed

Patchman said:
Well I learned a valuable lesson this weekend! Never, I repeat never rely on the fuel gauge of a boat you are not familiar with! Running out of gas on Conroe sucks! No one wants to offer assistance, and they all rent their boats! Thank goodness for fellow THB members like PlaneJim who load up their boats and come to the rescue! A real class act right there! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif :smile16:

:smile26: :smile26: :smile26: :smile26: :smile26: :smile26: :smile26:

75 gallons? 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, she's bone dry now! :smile18: But the gauge works great after some minor adjustments of the nylon bushing! :smile30: