Finally Home

wolfman0613

I am worried about not getting enough lift.I understand it's a tunnel but there is a fulcrum point to everything.I am just gonna go with it and do the old trial and error thing.

oldbuck40

wolfman0613 said:
I am worried about not getting enough lift.I understand it's a tunnel but there is a fulcrum point to everything.I am just gonna go with it and do the old trial and error thing.

Just slide the engine back far enough to hook up the shaft then measure the depth right over the intake!

Mine was that way! using a stock truck pan i angle cut the back portion of the pan off at a 45 degree angle just enough to clear the intake bolts, then gas welded a flat plate back in the flat area i cut out.
pretty simple if ya got the tools to do it!

dont know how far mine is from the transom but my Bassett headers still dont hang over the back,,they lack about 2 inches!

oldbuck40

wolfman0613 said:
Buck,is your pump set all the way back? If so are you running a standard PTO or did you make a driveline?

Mine is a wj jacuzzi  but the intakes are close in the last part on the front (Under the pan)! the driveline you have is similar to mine!

wolfman0613

Ok the transom plate is done.It was a little more difficult than I had thought, but I think it came out great.Also dont even know why I was gonna clear the whole boat. After wet sanding and a high speed buff,bitch came out clean enough for my likeing. :smile13:

Attachments

• tran.bmp
    225 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 130
  • po.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 138

Devilman

Looks sharp, I agree with Billy. Cool color combination. :smile15: Do I see some metalflake? :grin:

Plates look like they came out real smooth as well..... :smile15:

wolfman0613

Fire pluggg red.Maybe no one will rear end it. :smile23:

Attachments

• set.bmp
    899.5 KB · Views: 126
  • clo.bmp
    223.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ire.bmp
    898.7 KB · Views: 110

sdba069

Hey Todd...... first time that I've been on here in a while. looking pretty good. according to what kind of power you are making, motor doesn't need to be more than about 30" from the transom, that's from the transom to the back motor plate. unless there's some build-up of some kind in the floor, there should be no issue at that position with oil pan clearance. Yours is set up just like my green Daytona and there is plenty of oil pan clearance. digressing, how much HP do you think the motor makes?  That will determine where the motor should be. something to compare to, our Pro Gas Cheyenne at 450# with 1280 dyno HP, runs low 8's at mid 120's with the motor 32" from the transom. The pump is set in almost exactly the same position yours is. Give me a call if I can help.