Finally Home

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

come on Kenny you know you want too!  come on start throwing the 2 yr flower pot jokes out there :smile23: :smile23:

LOL, I saw his post & thought about takin the shot. :grin: Figured you would be all over it, then Wolfman's thread would turn into a slapfight between you & Richard about ya'lls summer of broke boats...... :grin: :grin:
LMAO funny thing was Richard called me just about the time i hit "ENTER" and the first thing he said was "I figured ya'll would be all that post by now!"    :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:  i said your too late! :grin:

wolfman0613

oldbuck40 said:
wolfman0613 said:
Well here it is, I made the trip to Greenville,Alabama to pick her up last saturday. 1300 miles and 20 hours later,and its finally home.I am looking forward to meeting you guys at the begining of the next season, with a little luck hopefully I can make the first event next year.I am up in the air about motor choice right now any input will be valued. Also since this is my first jet project all advice will be taken. like I said before I have built many prop boats but this is my first jet. I also am in need of a few things, the main thing I need now is an intake adapter.He gave me a fresh built berkeley JG pump with the hull( 0 hrs. on it )I just need the adapter for it.If anyone has an extra laying around let me know. :smile20: :smile20:
Thats gonna make one helluva nice ride Wolfman :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:
I appreciate it I am all jazzed,The better half on the other hand ,not so jazzed. All I got from her was that well known head shake while she was mumbiling and walking away.

Disturbed

wolfman0613 said:
oldbuck40 said:
wolfman0613 said:
Well here it is, I made the trip to Greenville,Alabama to pick her up last saturday. 1300 miles and 20 hours later,and its finally home.I am looking forward to meeting you guys at the begining of the next season, with a little luck hopefully I can make the first event next year.I am up in the air about motor choice right now any input will be valued. Also since this is my first jet project all advice will be taken. like I said before I have built many prop boats but this is my first jet. I also am in need of a few things, the main thing I need now is an intake adapter.He gave me a fresh built berkeley JG pump with the hull( 0 hrs. on it )I just need the adapter for it.If anyone has an extra laying around let me know. :smile20: :smile20:
Thats gonna make one helluva nice ride Wolfman :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:
I appreciate it I am all jazzed,The better half on the other hand ,not so jazzed. All I got from her was that well known head shake while she was mumbiling and walking away.

:smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

I'm glad it doesn't just happen to me!  :smile23:  She'll come around.

Devilman

wolfman0613 said:

Ahhh yes.... the headshake..... :smile17: think we all have seen that at some point.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Be alright, first time ya fire it up & drop it in the water, it'll all be worth it. :smile15:

Reminds me of the first comment my wife made when she first laid eyes on the boat when I was taking it out for a test drive: "You can't fish out of that f#*kin boat...." lmao :smile23: She has a blast in it now though... :smile20:

IMPATIENT 1

Devilman said:
wolfman0613 said:

Ahhh yes.... the headshake..... :smile17: think we all have seen that at some point.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Be alright, first time ya fire it up & drop it in the water, it'll all be worth it. :smile15:

Reminds me of the first comment my wife made when she first laid eyes on the boat when I was taking it out for a test drive: "You can't fish out of that f#*kin boat...." lmao :smile23: She has a blast in it now though... :smile20:
yep, know that headshake as well :smile14: :smile13: :smile17: i get that shit allll the time, but i man up, remind her who pays 100% of the bills :wink: i let her keep all her check each wk and she makes real good money herself, pays for her own car(i pay insurance). generally the reminder works, other times i get the "you ain't getting none for a long __king time" look afterwards :smile23:

congrats on the new boat :smile15: fyi, take it to gary snow to have the intake set. its not something just anyone can do, even if you've got tons of marine repair experience. some hulls need the intake angle milled a certain degree to match keel , and a experience jet repair shop will know that :wink: they can do a proper set-back pump set-up on it and really make your hull do all it can with what hp is applied to it :smile12: great looking boat btw!

wolfman0613

IMPATIENT 1 said:
Devilman said:
wolfman0613 said:

yep, know that headshake as well :smile14: :smile13: :smile17: i get that shit allll the time, but i man up, remind her who pays 100% of the bills :wink: i let her keep all her check each wk and she makes real good money herself, pays for her own car(i pay insurance). generally the reminder works, other times i get the "you ain't getting none for a long __king time" look afterwards :smile23:

congrats on the new boat :smile15: fyi, take it to gary snow to have the intake set. its not something just anyone can do, even if you've got tons of marine repair experience. some hulls need the intake angle milled a certain degree to match keel , and a experience jet repair shop will know that :wink: they can do a proper set-back pump set-up on it and really make your hull do all it can with what hp is applied to it :smile12: great looking boat btw!
ya I have already talked to Tom and Garry both about this project they are both familliar with what I am doing and extremely helpful.I appreciate all the help from THB members.Its gonna be a bitchin spring 09'.And yes I am bringing bitchin back.

wolfman0613

Well Im about 18 HRS. into wetsanding got about another 4 left,then a new coat of clear.It should look good when Im finished the boat really needs new paint,the gel is thin in places from the last go around Im sure.I figure I will worry about paint in the future Im ready to get started on the motor. Freakin paint can wait :smile13:

[attachment deleted by admin]

mrgoslow

the gel wont get any worse with clear on it. as long as it lookks good to you when the gel is wet, let it ride!

wolfman0613

RandallAgain said:
hey wolf when can you do mine?
  :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: :smile17:

wolfman0613

Well I guess its time to get my a$$ in gear again spring is right around the corner.She is headed to Garry Snow this morning to get the pump set ,I have already got the motor in progress 468 BBC 2x4 tunnel with any luck it will be finished by hydrofest! :smile19:

duanehydro

wolfman0613 said:
Well I guess its time to get my a$$ in gear again spring is right around the corner.She is headed to Garry Snow this morning to get the pump set ,I have already got the motor in progress 468 BBC 2x4 tunnel with any luck it will be finished by hydrofest! :smile19:

Get it finished, and we'll see you here! If it's not finished, show up anyway. :smile15:

wolfman0613

Well I just got home from a long drive to performance marine, and I do have to say Garry snow is a very cool guy .I am ready and anxious to get her back.I told him I wanted to make hydrofest with her and he said I'll pull it in next week.So it looks like I might be there with a ride. :smile15:Thanks to THB and our members one big disfunctional boating community. :smile22: :smile17:

wolfman0613

RandallAgain said:
gary is a great guy did ya take a look at all the boats just sitting at his shop? :smile10:
Ya hes got a gullwing up there from caldwell customs, I dont know whos boat it is but it is freakin beuatiful.He has got alot of killer projects sittin around it really makes me want to get going on my own. :smile19:

jdf

wolfman0613 said:
Well I just got home from a long drive to performance marine, and I do have to say Garry snow is a very cool guy .I am ready and anxious to get her back.I told him I wanted to make hydrofest with her and he said I'll pull it in next week.So it looks like I might be there with a ride. :smile15:Thanks to THB and our members one big disfunctional boating community. :smile22: :smile17:
good luck  there is alot of work head of you

wolfman0613

Well I got the news from Garry yesterday, And its not all bad at least he can salvage some of the junk that was in the ..supposed...fresh jg pump that was givin to with the boat.But at least when I get it back the pump will be fresh he is also going to to a mild blueprint on it as well.The suction piece is a whole other issue.As yall know this was a outboard boat and the bottom was blueprinted and flat as a sheet of plywood so we are going to do a drop keel on it to help load the pump.I can tell you this Garry is a top notch guy a full of valuble information and fair on price. I am ready to get it home again and get started on my part of it. It sounds like I could have her back in a couple of weeks. :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

oldbuck40

wolfman0613 said:
Well I got the news from Garry yesterday, And its not all bad at least he can salvage some of the junk that was in the ..supposed...fresh jg pump that was givin to with the boat.But at least when I get it back the pump will be fresh he is also going to to a mild blueprint on it as well.The suction piece is a whole other issue.As yall know this was a outboard boat and the bottom was blueprinted and flat as a sheet of plywood so we are going to do a drop keel on it to help load the pump.I can tell you this Garry is a top notch guy a full of valuble information and fair on price. I am ready to get it home again and get started on my part of it. It sounds like I could have her back in a couple of weeks. :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
I was looking for that pic the other day. :grin:
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: