Crusader re-wire

Crusader

Devilman said:
just what I heard.  :smile14: nice deflection, lol. crazy.gif

Andy told me to get the "Mandingo sized" hose from Plano marine and thats what i did......hahahaha.

Devilman

LOL, I hear ya. That deal ought to move some water, its the same size as the output on my washing machine drain. You got a float switch on it?

Crusader

Devilman said:
LOL, I hear ya. That deal ought to move some water, its the same size as the output on my washing machine drain. You got a float switch on it?

1,100 GPH flow and it has an internal float switch. This thing should keep the boat afloat without a plug in it.....that is until the batteries die. Lol.

Crusader

Longstr said:
Looking good Cliff it will be nice to have it all done!

Thanks man! I’m really long King forward to the final project.

As with anything you tear into, you always fine more things that are wrong and need correcting. I will say this, after redoing the working on this boat, there is t anything that I haven’t gone through. After 8+ years of ownership, she will be about where I want her to be.

Crusader

Got a Bow/Nav lighting question for y'all.

Currently I have a #57 incandescent light bulb in my bow light. I want to keep the vintage bulb housing on the boat, just want to replace the light bulb with a LED equivalent. I found the BA9s with a bayonet base, problem is the light emits from the top of this LED bulb. I need the light to emit from the sides as the bulb stands straight up in it's housing. Also.....it needs to fit inside the smallish red and green housing.

Any suggestions?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/ba9s-led-bulb-4-led-ba9s-retrofit-rvb/2537/58/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=BA9s-x4-x-xVAC-RVB&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInIfhkNrz2AIVS7jACh1aOwngEAQYASABEgJBBfD_BwE#tab/Reviews

Crusader

Patchman said:
It says it has a 360 view of the lite emitted. So it may work.  think.gif

Are you talking about the icon on the left of the linked page that says "360 view"? If so, thats a 360 view of the bulb itself.

Devilman

Down in the reviews, there is a comment from the company selling the bulb saying the bulb is directional. Which would mean the light would be shining straight out. So guess it depends on how the bulb is situated inside the housing.

The review:

led light beam is pointing in the wrong direction for my 2000 ford focus map light, not enough light out put to read maps

I had to modify the map light assy to make the bulb fit

bulb is bright and good quality

The response:

Thanks for taking to time to submit a review. I am sorry the the BA9S-x4-32-12VAC did not meet your expectations. When selecting an LED bulb it is important to keep in mind that LEDs are directional so you need the LEDs pointed at the area where light is needed. For example in your application either the BA9s-xHP6 or if there is enough room the BA9s-xHP9 would work much better as they give off light in all directions much like to stock bulb did.

So maybe one of those other bulbs mentioned would work?

Crusader

Devilman said:
So maybe one of those other bulbs mentioned would work?

Thanks D-man.

I found on fagbook the following light and I think it's small enough to fit into the housing.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/57-led/57-14-w-c.html

Devilman

Crusader said:
Thanks D-man.

I found on fagbook the following light and I think it's small enough to fit into the housing.

Looks like that would do the trick. Check the return policy just in case..  :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad! I wasn't really paying attention to the add. I can see where it would be directional and probably not be visible much at all. I have seen the smaller bulb constructed with what looks like LED panels on the side. Bought some for the interior lites of my RV. I would think they could do the same for that style of bulb.  think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the other bulbs, they look too tall to fit. Looks like you would have to change to a smaller style bulb, but that would require changing the bulb mount inside the housing. Mite be possible though.  think.gif

Crusader

Patchman said:
Looking at the other bulbs, they look too tall to fit. Looks like you would have to change to a smaller style bulb, but that would require changing the bulb mount inside the housing. Mite be possible though.  think.gif

What about this one?