Blaze's Whacker!

KONA77

I maybe wrong,  I was guessing by the part no.  you have a enough horsepower to run a seventeen,  you ideal wide open rpm is about 6000,  i've always propped mine to run 5500

blazeracer

KONA said:
I maybe wrong,  I was guessing by the part no.  you have a enough horsepower to run a seventeen,  you ideal wide open rpm is about 6000,  i've always propped mine to run 5500

I wouldn't have a clue KONA, I've never run an outboard at all. Might take this one down to Duane's B-day party.

Crusader

James, chances are that the prop that came with the boat is just an "average" sized prop and not nessesarily set up for the boat and motor combo. Boat dealerships are known for not installing outboards at the proper height or with the correct prop for the motor and boat combo. I may not know much about big blocks but I do know boat, dealerships, propellers and outboard motors very well.

PurpleLiberator

The higher the pitch on the prop the faster you will go in theory. The pitch is how far the prop travels per revolution. If I remember correctly. My buddy in Corinth has like 4 or 5 different props ranging in pitch. I'm sure he would let u try then out and maybe sell u one.

brazosjettin

Crusader said:
James, chances are that the prop that came with the boat is just an "average" sized prop and not nessesarily set up for the boat and motor combo. Boat dealerships are known for not installing outboards at the proper height or with the correct prop for the motor and boat combo. I may not know much about big blocks but I do know boat, dealerships, propellers and outboard motors very well.
.    I got a 20 ft pontoon with a 40 hp yamaha 2 stroke what can I do to get a little more out of it other than putting a bigger motor on it . I know its only gonna be a 15 mph boat but what will help the fuel milage or performance prop size / hydrofoil ??.

Crusader

Duanehydro said:
remember, pontoons use a non-planning prop...different than regular boats..

Exactly Duane.

Mike....you're getting about all you;re gonna get out of that 40hp....

Drink more beer, it'll seem faster after a 12 pack....lol.

ChryslerJet

brazosjettin said:
Crusader said:
.    I got a 20 ft pontoon with a 40 hp yamaha 2 stroke what can I do to get a little more out of it other than putting a bigger motor on it .
That's about all you can do.  Time to put in a blown BBC in the center of the pontoon and direct drive.  Then it will move.

Devilman

Duanehydro said:

non-planing prop for pontoons... got it :grin:

index.php

TerryImage2.jpg

Crusader

Devilman said:
Duanehydro said:

index.php

TerryImage2.jpg

There's exceptions for everything.... Notice the "planing skegs" on the aft side of each pontoon? That's why that sucker can plane out.....

Mike 'toon.....well there's not much help for it.

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
Devilman said:
Duanehydro said:

index.php

TerryImage2.jpg

There's exceptions for everything.... Notice the "planing skegs" on the aft side of each pontoon? That's why that sucker can plane out.....

LOL

Devilman

Crusader said:

Crusader hates Mike's pontoon... got it... :grin: :cheesy:

Crusader

Devilman said:
Crusader said:

Crusader hates Mike's pontoon... got it... :grin: :cheesy:

Lol....never any hate with NTJBC........

PurpleLiberator

Back in the day my dad used to cover up the top half of the water pickups so that they could get another inch of motor height. I know it's ghetto but it worked for them.

blazeracer

Been putting this pile or sale but no one wants it with the bad floor and what not. It'll be for sale this weekend with all new wood, a repaired dash and some fresh primer to clean it up.

This outboard boat only has one stringer that runs down the middle. It had about 3 feet left of the ten foot stringer and MAYBE 1/3 of the floor remaining. Got all the bad wood removed and cleaned up real nice. Set a new 10' by 4" stringer in and glued down with PL adhesive letting it sit for 24 hours with a bunch of weight on it. Then double wrapped the stringer in glass and set the floor in. This is where it is now. I'll glass the floor down on Saturday when the weather is warm agian, then give it a good 200 wet sand and shoot primer on the top half of the hull.

The motor is a 150 tower of power that has no harness. Does anyone know where I can connect a battery to test fire the motor? I would just like to get a pop or two with some carb cleaner to show the new owner the motor is workable. I've hooked it to the starter and it turns over freely, need to get the coils powered up next.

Attachments

• floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 58